Subject: 7th Conference CCTCC

From: [email-masked] (Jerzy Leszczynski)
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 1998 01:11:45 -0500

First Announcement

                                                         April 9, 1998
  Dear Colleague:
  
     We are pleased to announce the seventh conference on Current Trends
  in Computational Chemistry. This symposium, organized by Jackson State
  University, will cover all areas of computational chemistry as well as
  quantum chemistry. The local host of the conference is the US Army Corps
  of Engineers Waterways Experiment Station (WES) in Vicksburg, Mississippi.
     The meeting will be held at the Holiday Inn of Vicksburg, Mississippi
  (40 miles west of Jackson) on November 6 and 7, 1998. The format consists
  of a series of plenary lectures and poster presentations on Friday and
  Saturday, covering applications as well as theory. In addition, a banquet
  is scheduled for Friday evening and a dinner and reception for Saturday
  evening.
     The 7th conference will also feature another talk given in the 
  ancillary "Noble Lecture Series." This series was initiated during the
  7 CCTCC by a remarkable presentation by Istvan Hargittai entitled "The 
  Molecules Among Us: Conversation with Famous Chemists." The lectures in
  this series are presented in a relaxed, after-dinner atmosphere by the
  noble speakers and are devoted to noble scientific events and people.
  As such, it is an exceptional lecture to the conference and contrary to 
  the regular talks, might not necessarily report any Current findings.
  This year the talk will be delivered by Eiji Osawa who will speak on
  "Past and Future of the Fullerene Story."                     
     We are planning to publish extended abstracts (up to four pages each)
  of all invited talks and poster presentations. Original scientific
  contributions will be published in a special issue of the Journal of
  Molecular Structure (THEOCHEM). Manuscripts for inclusion in the special
  issue should be submitted in triplicate upon arrival at the registration
  desk. Submitted papers will be subject to the journal's standard referee
  procedures.

  Sincerely,
  Jerzy Leszczynski 
  Chairman of the Organizing Committee

              INVITED SPEAKERS

  David Buckingham                 University of Cambridge     
  Piet van Duijnen                 University of Groningen
  William A. Goddard III           California Institute of Technology
  Magdolna Hargittai               Hungarian Academy of Sciences
  Ivan Hubac                       Comenius University, Bratislava
  Kimihiko Hirao                   University of Tokyo
  William L. Jorgensen             Yale University
  Richard Lavery                   Institut de Biologie Physico-Chimique, Paris
  Modesto Orozco                   Universitat de Barselona
  Eiji Osawa*                      Toyohashi University of Technology            
  Pekka Pyykko                     University of Helsinki
  Krishnan Raghavachari            Bell Labs
  David Singh                      Naval Research Lab
  Harel Weinstein                  Mount Sinai School of Medicine

  * After-dinner "Noble Lecture Series"

7TH CONFERENCE ON 
Current Trends In Computational Chemistry

NOVEMBER 6 & 7, 1998, Vicksburg, Mississippi. 

1.   NAME:___________________________________________________________________
     MAILING ADDRESS:________________________________________________________
                                        
     ________________________________________________________________________

     TELEPHONE: _____________  FAX: ______________  E-MAIL:__________________

2.   If you wish to present a poster, please indicate the title below. All
     abstracts are due by September 1, 1998 (up to 4 pages in length,
     presenting author underlined, photo ready quality, in duplicate) to
     ensure publication in the Conference Materials.

     TITLE:__________________________________________________________________

     ________________________________________________________________________

     AUTHORS:________________________________________________________________

3.   Conference materials, banquet and reception fee, all meals from breakfast
     Friday through dinner Saturday, coffee, and refreshments are included per
     paid participant.

     MAKE CHECKS PAYABLE TO: Current Trends in Computational Chemistry. 

     Registration fee before September 1, 1998       US   $150.00   $_________   

     Registration fee thereafter                           200.00   $_________

     Registration fee at student discount                   75.00   $_________

4.   HOUSING: The organizers will not make housing reservations. To reserve
     a room at the special conference rate of $50.00-$60.00 per room, contact
     the Holiday Inn of Vicksburg, 3330 Clay Street, Vicksburg, MS 39180,
     Tel:(601)636-4551, Fax:(601)636-4552. Reservations should be arranged
     with the Holiday Inn prior to October 10, 1998.   

          I do _____ do not _____ plan to stay at the conference hotel.

          I do _____ do not _____ plan to submit a paper to the special
            issue of THEOCHEM.

                                        ____________________
                                             Signature

  http://tiger.jsums.edu/~cctcc
  
  Department of Chemistry, Jackson State University, Jackson, MS 39217, USA
  Conference Chairman: Dr. Jerzy Leszczynski, Tel: 601-973-3482,
       Email: jerzy2.iris5.jsums.edu.
  Conference Secretary: Ms. Shonda Allen, Tel: 601-973-3723,
       Email: [email-masked].