Subject: Gaussian Workshop in San Diego

From: [email-masked] (David Moses)
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 1998 09:36:49 -0500 (EST)

****************************************************************************
  
 The San Diego Supercomputer Center and Digital Equipment Corporation 
 are pleased to announce:
 
 INTRODUCTION TO GAUSSIAN:  THEORY AND PRACTICE

 Date:      June 2-5, 1998
 
 Location:  San Diego Supercomputer Center located at the
            University of California, San Diego

 The San Diego Supercomputer Center in conjunction with Digital Equipment
 Corporation (DEC) are pleased to sponsor "Introduction to Gaussian:  
 Theory and Practice."  This workshop will be presented by representatives
 of Gaussian, Inc.
 
 The workshop will cover the full range of methods available in the Gaussian
 package with emphasis on new methods and features which make Gaussian
 applicable to an ever widening spectrum of research applications.  The
 workshop is structured to provide an introduction to electronic structure
 theory as well as a hands-on review for researchers active in the field. 
 The workshop is open to researchers at all levels of academic, government
 and industrial research.

 There will be hands-on sessions each day between the morning and afternoon
 lectures.  Additional hands-on sessions will be available  until the building
 closes. Workshop participants will be provided with use of a DEC workstation
 to complete exercises, experiment and/or conduct short research topics.  The
 GaussView user interface will be used to perform visualization of results
 and to facilitate calculation setup.  Each workshop participant will also
 be provided a copy of the lecture notes, a copy of Exploring Chemistry with
 Electronic Structure Methods, 2nd Edition, and a Gaussian User's Reference.
 
 ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
 For an Application please contact:
 
 	Workshop Coordinator
 	Gaussian, Inc.
 	Carnegie Office Park, Bldg. 6
 	Pittsburgh, PA  15106
  	Telephone: 412 279 6700
 	Fax: 412 279 2118
 	email: [email-masked]
 
 DEADLINES: Receipt of Registration Materials along with the registration  
 fee must be received by: May 20, 1998.     

 ***************************************************************************