Subject: Use of AMBER modelling software

From: Mr Nicholas MW Haggett <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 May 1998 13:24:58 +0100 (BST)

Dear CCL users

I am trying to use the text-based version
of AMBER 5 on a dec-alpha machine (Digital UNIX V4.0B), Rutherford
Appleton Laboratory, UK.

I am studying carbohydrates and the residues I need are not
supplied, so I am trying to enter them manually, using the
'prep' and 'link' programs. The two sugars i need are
alpha - L - anhydrogalactose and beta - D - galactose. The program 
does not seem to connect them up correctly after I have run 'prep'
and 'link' on a five - sugar ring chain.

If anyone uses this software and these residues (or related sugars) 
please could they get in touch with me. It would be most helpful if
I could see samples residue input file for these sugars.

Nicholas Haggett, University of Surrey, Guildford, UK

email: [email-masked]

                                            Tel.: (01483)  259591
______________________________________________________________________