Subject: Announcing the SDPD Round Robin

From: Armel Le Bail <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 May 1998 10:12:47 +0200

STRUCTURE DETERMINATION BY POWDER DIFFRACTOMETRY
                                         ROUND   ROBIN
       Organisers: Armel Le Bail (University of Le Mans) and
                          Lachlan Cranswick (Daresbury Laboratory).

      (Deadline for submission of solutions - June 30, 1998)

           http://fluo.univ-lemans.fr:8001/SDPDRR/

This is to announce the availability of powder diffraction data
as part of the Structure Determination by Powder Diffractometry
Round Robin (SDPDRR).

Participants have the option of solving one or both of two samples:
   i)  An Inorganic Phase
   ii) An Organic Pharmaceutical Compound

The data and information on the samples can be emailed, if web
links are too slow or congested.  A poster for pinning on department
bulletin boards is available on the web-site.

Background and protocol are available from the website.

A summary of results will be presented at an invited talk on
"Trends in Structure Determination from Powder Diffraction"
at the August 1998 ECM-18 meeting in Prague.

Armel Le Bail     (E-mail: [email-masked])
Lachlan Cranswick (E-mail: [email-masked])