Subject: Re: G:alpha_linux

From: "M. Nicklaus" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 May 1998 15:18:37 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 22 May 1998 09:50:14, Eva Scholtzova <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Has anyone  experience whith compilation of GAUSSIAN94 in alpha_linux 
> enviroment?

We have been able, under very specific circumstances, to compile
Gaussian 94 on a Digital Unix machine, and then get the executables
to run under Linux/Alpha.  One key ingredient is a (publicly available)
replacement for DEC's proprietary DXML math library.  On a 533MHz Alpha
Linux system, e.g., G94 runs very fast.

Unfortunately, native compilation on Linux/Alpha has not yet been 
successful.  But hopes are up it will be soon.  Our efforts in this
direction continue.  We will post advances in this matter to the CCL.

Bob Williams, http://bob.usuf2.usuhs.mil/  &  Marc C. Nicklaus

------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Marc C. Nicklaus                        National Institutes of Health
 E-mail: [email-masked]               Bldg 37, Rm 5B29
 Phone:  (301) 402-3111                  37 Convent Dr, MSC 4255       
 Fax:    (301) 496-5839                  BETHESDA, MD 20892-4255    USA 
      http://rex.nci.nih.gov/RESEARCH/basic/medchem/mcnbio.htm
    Laboratory of Medicinal Chemistry, National Cancer Institute,  &
  Center for Molecular Modeling, Ctr. for Information Technology, NIH
------------------------------------------------------------------------