Subject: EMBO workshop on Sequence Analysis, Modelling and Simulation

From: Rebecca Wade <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 04 Jun 1998 16:18:48 +0200

************************************************************************
Applications are invited (deadline is 1.7.98) for the following
workshop:

"Talking proteins: An EMBO workshop on Sequence Analysis,
 Modelling and Simulation"

which will take place at the European Molecular Biology Laboratory
in Heidelberg on September 16-19, 1998 and is organized by:
M. Vingron (DKFZ), P. Bork, T. Gibson, M. Nilges, G. Vriend, R. Wade
(EMBL, Heidelberg)

Participants will talk about how proteins "talk" to each other and to
other ligands and how this can be studied by computational techniques.

Topics will be:
Genomes and Networks; Nucleic acid binding motifs; 
Protein Interaction Motifs; Family Analysis; Docking; Binding Affinity
Estimation; Diffusional Association & Binding Kinetics; Modeling &
Applications.

Confirmed speakers are:
Johan Aqvist, Philip Bucher, Bruce Duncan, David Eisenberg,
Federico Gago, Wilfred van Gunsteren, Gunnar von Heijne,
Reinhart Heinrich, Steven Henikoff, Des Higgins, Inge Jonasson,
Martin Karplus, Eugene Koonin, Thomas Lengauer, Michael Levitt,
Hanah Margalit, Luciano Milanesi, Ruth Nussinov, Laerte Oliveira,
Manuel Peitsch, Andreas Plueckthun, Chris Reynolds, Shankar Subramaniam,
Gideon Schreiber, Alfonso Valencia, Edgar Wingender, Xiang Zhou

Further information can be found on the web at:
http://www.embl-heidelberg.de
or from:
Lena Reunis, EMBL, Meyerhofstr 1, 69117 Heidelberg;
Tel: +49 6221 387 331; Fax: +49 6221 387 306;
email:[email-masked] 

***********************************************************************