Subject: Re: PC GAMESS or Linux?

From: "William T. Rankin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Jun 1998 12:38:24 -0400 (EDT)

> Hello ccl'ers
>
> My question is about whether it is possible to remotely access
> a pc using PC GAMESS,

most likely not.

> if it is how do you do it. If it isn't
> then could someone give me some idea of how easy it is to
> install and, get running, Linux. 

it depends.  how confortable are you with using a Unix
workstation?  the RedHat 5.1 distribution installs fairly easily
and painlessly.  administration is fairly straight forward, as
long as you aren't trying anything fancy.

the other issue will be what sort of access do you have with the
local network and DNS server.  usually a local system
administrator will oversee and arrange for these issues.

good luck,

-bill