Subject: Fitting Programs

From: Darren Andrews <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 1998 16:36:48 +0100

I have a problem about fitting calculated data to experimental data and I
would like some (preferably free) software that will help me solve it.

I have an experimental (low resolution rotational) spectrum and a program
for simulating that spectrum (and convoluting it with the laser function).
What I need is a program that will feed my black box simulation with values
(up to 10 variables) and then iteratively change those values until I get
the best fit.  Because it is a black box I can't use fancy gradient methods
or modify the code to do it itself.

Thanks,

Darren Andrews.

PostGraduate Student,
School of Chemistry,
University of Leeds,
Leeds.
LS2 9JT.
England.

[email-masked]

Tel: 0113 233 6594.
Fax: 0113 233 6565.