Subject: G: Internal consistency error detected in FileIO

From: [email-masked] (Grzegorz Bakalarski)

Dear CCL,

I trying to compute interactions in a small complex with MP5 method - 4 atoms, 
160 basis functions and 14 electrons. I did MP4 without 
any problems. 
However during MP5 calcs I get an error: 

 Saving the triples amplitudes on disk, using  189613920 words of disk space.
 Time for triples=      942.87 seconds.
 Disk space used for TT scratch files  :    447697125 words
 E5TTaaa =   0.31800067D-04
 Internal consistency error detected in FileIO for unit 1 I=   9 J=   0.

 dumping /fiocom/, unit = 1 nfiles =108 sizext =    524288 winblk =  512
                   defal = T lstwrd =**********

 number         0        0        0        0        0        0        0
 base      305152   352256   395264   298496  4865536 27059712   592384
 end       324096   353792   398336   300544  4922368 40986624  2508800
 end1      324096   353792   398336   300544  4922368 40986624  2508800
 wr pntr   305152   352256   395264   298496  4884661 27644937   826474
 rd pntr   305152   352256   395264   298496  4884661 27641344   823808

 number         0        0        1        2        3        4        5
 base   ******************  4034560  2685952135401472   394752  3448832
 end    ******************  4150840  3271177135517752   394807  4034057
 end1   ******************  4151296  3271680135518208   395264  4034560
 wr pntr319396440*********  4034560  2685952135401472   394752  3448832
 rd pntr319396440*********  4150840  3271177135517752   394807  4034057

(... more error analysis ... )

I tried different options: full direct, semi-direct, Trans(conventional),
Int(NoRaff) etc.  And the result is such that Gaussian 94 sometimes
crashes in link 804 and sometimes in link 915 ...

Does anybody know a cure for this error ? Is this rather hardware problem
or software (gaussian) problem? Or maybe it is a platform dependent problem
?
I use NEC SX-4 and 1Gb of memory and 30GB of disk.

Thanks in advance.

G.Bakalarski
Warsaw University
Poland