Subject: ChemSymphony Beans

From: Peter Tebbutt <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 1998 18:25:21 +0100

Dear CCLers

ChemSymphony has a new site which will be found at:

http://www.chemsymphony.com/

The 'newest' element of the site is under the 'extranet' button where we
have a MOPAC demo, a demonstration of co-operation with the ChemDraw
plug-in from CambridgeSoft, and a SMILES demo which deploys some aspects of
ChemSymphony's data conversion mechanisms.

These are applets built with ChemSymphony Beans, which like all JavaBeans
require a JDK 1.1 environment for the deployment applets or applications
built with Beans. Make sure that you have the latest browser, or download
the Java Plug-in freely available from Sun. We tell you how to do this on
the 'Help' page.

You may have seen ChemSymphony applets before: the key points about
ChemSymphony Beans is that there are now many more components (eg a 2D
Drawing tool, and a 3D Editing/Builder component), AND that these
components can be used to build a great variety of applets and applications
for use on intranets. We are demonstrating this technology through the
internet, you may need to be patient while the applet arrives at your
system. Obviously this 'speed to download' should not be a problem on a
private intranet.

There will be more new stuff on the site soon, so please enjoy the
demonstrations, come back for more and start building high-impact intranets
for your colleagues! 

with best wishes

Peter Tebbutt
Cherwell Scientific Publishing
e-mail [email-masked]