Subject: Secondary structure in unique folds

From: Knegtel Ronald <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 1998 10:06:23 +0200 (WDT)

Dear all,

can anyone point me to a paper or website that analyzes the presence and
percentages of secondary structure elements in a set of unique protein
folds from the PDB (as used for instance in threading). I am aware of
databases like SCOP and FSSP but these do not seem to address this
particular question. Alternatively, I would be interested in downloading
a database of unique folds (is that possible at all, many structure
comparison sites only list PDB codes of individual representative folds
but do not allow downloading a whole database) and do the analysis myself.
Any hints are appreciated, will summarize for food.

Cheers,

Ronald

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dr. Ronald M. A. Knegtel                     Research Scientist
Dept. of Molecular Design and Informatics    Phone  : +31-412-661469
N.V. Organon, RK2340                         Fax    : +31-412-662539
P.O. Box 20  5340 BH Oss                     http://www.organon.nl/
The Netherlands                     E-Mail : [email-masked]
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------