Subject: Workshop on "Methods and Applications of Molecular Mechanics and Dynamics to Molecules of Biological Interest"

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 1998 19:21:30 -0400

TITLE:       METHODS AND APPLICATIONS OF MOLECULAR MECHANICS AND 
              DYNAMICS TO MOLECULES OF BIOLOGICAL INTEREST

 INSTRUCTORS: Dr. Peter A. Kollkman (UCSF)
              Dr. David A. Case (Scripps)
              Dr. David A Pearlman (Vertex Pharmaceutical)
              Dr. Thomas Cheatham III (NIH)
              Dr. Carlos L. Simmerling (UCSF)

 SITE:        Pittsburgh Supercomputing Center      DATE:  August 5-8
              Mellon Institute,
              Pittsburgh, PA

 SPONSOR:     Pittsburgh Supercomputing Center's Biomedical
              Supercomputing Initiative - an NIH Resource Center

 DESCRIPTION: The Pittsburgh Supercomputing Center will be hosting a
              workshop on the "Methods and Applications of Molecular
              Mechanics and Dynamics to Molecules of Biological
              Interest." The workshop will familiarize biomedical
              researchers with computational methods and provided
              practice in applying supercomputing resources to
              problems of concern in molecular mechanics. The
              workshop will consist of lectures and extensive
              hands-on sessions. General aspects of molecular
              mechanics software will be discussed. The program
              AMBER will be discussed in detail. Participants are
              encouraged to work on the examples provided or on
              their own experimental data. No prior supercomputing
              experience is necessary.

 EXPENSES:    Partcipants must pay their own travel. Tuition, hotel,
              supercomputing time and workshop materials are provided 
              for US academic partcipants by the PSC's NIH Research 
              Resource grant.

 ELIGIBLE:    There will be 20 openings for individuals from US academic
              insitutions and potentially a limited number of openings 
              for industrial and others who would like to take this course.

 SEE:         http://www.psc.edu/biomed/biomed.html

 APPLICATION  July 3
 DEADLINE:

 David W. Deerfield II, Ph.D.            email: [email-masked]
 Manager, Biomedical Applications Group  phone: (412) 268-4960
 Pittsburgh Supercomputing Center        fax:   (412) 268-8200
 4400 Fifth Avenue; Room 218B            www.psc.edu/biomed/biomed.html
 Pittsburgh, PA 15213                    www.psc.edu/~deerfiel/
 ** PSC's Biomedical Supercomputing Initiative is an NIH Resource Center **