

Gustavo,

Your question is of interest to me as well, so I hope you post
a summary.

I would like to point that recently there has become 
available a free f90 compiler for Linux from the Pacific-Sierra 
Research Corporation.  It looks encouraging, for example see:

http://www.psrv.com/

I have no first-hand assessment yet of the quality and performance of this
compiler on large production code; however, I would be happy to communicate
to you anything I find out.

You might also be interested in some f90 compiler comparisons on 
http://www.cs.rpi.edu/~szymansk/oof90.html.

Best of luck,

Darrin York

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
: Darrin M. York                                                             :
: Department of Chemistry and             *Laboratoire de Chimie Biophysique :
:      Chemical Biology                    Institut Le Bel                   :
: Harvard University                       Universite Louis Pasteur          :
: 12 Oxford Street                         4, rue Blaise Pascal              :
: Cambridge, MA USA 02138                  67000 Strasbourg, FRANCE          :
: Tel. (617)495-1782                       Tel. 03.88.41.62.85               :
: Fax. (617)496-3204                       Fax. 03.88.60.63.83               :
: e-mail: [email-masked]           e-mail: [email-masked]    :
:                                                                            :
: (*) current address                                                        :
------------------------------------------------------------------------------