Subject: Meeting Announcement

From: Dean Goddette <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 02 Jul 1998 14:04:10 -0500

Midwest Molecular Modeling Meeting (M4)
APPLICATIONS IN COMPUTER-AIDED DRUG DESIGN
July 14, 1998
Indianapolis, Indiana

It is my pleasure to announce the Midwest Molecular Modeling Meeting
entitled "Applications in Computer-Aided Drug Design", a one-day
scientific symposium hosted by Tripos, Inc. to be held on July 14, 1998
in Indianapolis, Indiana. 

The theme for the meeting is the application of computational
chemistry in pharmaceutical/agrochemical research. We have an exciting
slate of speakers who will cover a broad range of topics including QSAR,
structure-based drug design and combinatorial chemistry.

SPEAKER LIST
============
Dr. Robert Pearlman, University of Texas, Austin -- 
Recent Advances In Chemical Diversity, Library Design And Virtual High
Throughput Screening. 

Dan Ortwine, Parke Davis -- 
Structure Based Design Of Metric Metalloproteinase Inhibitors, What Have
The Structures Taught Us?

Dr. Salvatore Profeta, Monsanto --
Combinatorial Library Design and Optimization Utilizing QSAR and
QSRA(Quantitative Structure-Reactivity Analysis) Techniques.

Dr. Jon Erickson, Dow Agrosciences --
Approaches To Molecular Alignment For CoMFA

Dr. James Metz, Lilly Research Laboratories --
Insights and Computational Approaches to the Problem of Drug
Permeability

To Be Announced
Dr. Bobby Barnett, Procter and Gamble Pharmaceuticals
===

The meeting will take place at the Hyatt Regency, downtown Indianapolis.
Registration will begin at 8AM along with breakfast. Talks will begin at
9AM, ending at 3PM with a break for lunch. Registration for the meeting
is $80 commercial, $40 academic. 

For more information or registration information, please see our web
site at <http://www.tripos.com/> or contact Jamie Heritage at
1-800-323-2960.
-- 
Dean Goddette, Ph.D.                    email:  [email-masked]
Central US & Canada                     phone:  314-647-1099   x3386
Tripos, Inc.                            fax:    314-647-9241 
1699 South Hanley Road                  WWW:    http://www.tripos.com
St. Louis, MO 63144  USA