Subject: Re: Data visualization software for MD sims

From: Ton van Daelen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 02 Jul 1998 07:38:26 -0700

Patrick -
MSI's Cerius2 SDK allows you to visualize output from all sorts of modeling
applications. It also provides tools for putting together a graphical UI to
a stand alone application. Look at http://www.msi.com/support/sdk/ for more
details. There is an examples section that contains a template for an
interface to an MD program.
Regards - Ton

Patrick Brian Kohl wrote:
> 
> My group is running a few molecular dynamics sims involving a few hundred
> molecules each, and we need to invest in some data visualization software
> to allow us to display images and animations of our sims.  Something that
> would accept as input the coordinates of the atoms involved would be
> preferable, as would be a program that is easily modified.  Has anyone had
> any good/bad experiences with situations like this?  Is there any notable
> software that people have found especially useful for data viz?  Thanks.

  Ton van Daelen, Ph.D.    Product Manager Software Developer's Kit
           
       __o                                        E: [email-masked]
     _`\<,_          Molecular Simulations, Inc   P: -1-619-799-5329
    (*)/ (*)         9685 Scranton Road           F: -1-619-458-0136
  /\/\/\/\/\/\       San Diego, CA 92121          W: http://www.msi.com

- Check out What's New in SDK on the SDK web pages at
http://www.msi.com/support/sdk/
- A free Cerius2 interface to the program GRID is now available. Download
it from
the SDK website