Subject: New Web Service: Solvent Accessible Surface Area Calculations

From: "Robert Fraczkiewicz" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 1998 16:28:50 -0500

Dear Colleagues,

We would like to announce the release of beta version of GETAREA 1.0,
the new free WWW service for calculating the solvent accessible surface
area of molecules. Users wanting to calculate SASA of proteins will
merely supply the name of their local file containing atomic coordinates
in PDB format. There is an otpion to calculate solvation energy and
inclusion of molecules other than proteins. The relevant URL is:

http://www.scsb.utmb.edu/getarea/area_form.html

Note: the current release is for testing purposes only. Surely there are
still some undiscovered bugs. Please help us disclose them by submitting
test inputs. All remarks and suggestions should be directed to
[email-masked] or [email-masked]

Thank you in advance,
Robert Fraczkiewicz
Sealy Center for Structural Biology
University of Texas Medical Branch
Galveston, TX 77555