Subject: Re: CCL:LaPack on SX4

From: "David E. Bernholdt" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 Jul 1998 12:10:31 -0400

Optimized libraries, such as LAPACK, BLAS, etc. are often (but not
exclusively) provided by the hardware vendor.  Therefore you might
check with the people running your SX4 to see if they're already
on the system, or if there's any possibility of purchasing them.

http://www.netlib.org is a useful place to look for numerical libraries,
and this happens to be the official home of the BLAS, LAPACK and some
other libraries.  This is the place where you can find SOURCE CODE
for many freely available libraries, but of course that may not
provide the best performance for your platform.  In the LAPACK area
on Netlib, they even provide precompiled libraries for a number of
platforms, though not SX4.  But again, these are simply compiled
versions of the source code, probably with reasonable compiler
switches w.r.t. optimization -- they are not the highly optimized
libraries that other vendors often provide.

Good luck
--
David E. Bernholdt                      | Email:  [email-masked]
Northeast Parallel Architectures Center | Phone:  +1 315 443 3857
111 College Place, Syracuse University  | Fax:    +1 315 443 1973
Syracuse, NY 13244-4100                 | URL:    http://www.npac.syr.edu