Subject: Re: CCL:CCL: looking for molecular modeling program on web or free

From: David Segrist <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 1998 09:03:29 -0700

Barbara Murray wrote:

> I am part of a national committee running an undergraduate
> pharmaceutical course on-line in the fall.  We will be taking the
> students through all the steps that are involved in getting a drug to
> market.  One of the things we want the students to do is to be able to
> draw and look at their chosen molecule in some sort of modeling
> program.  Now, they don't really need to do calculations on this
> molecule; just look at it and move it around.  Calculations would only
> be icing on the cake.

May I suggest you look at these two options:
1 - Molecules-3D (v2.5) a very inexpensive 3D model building program ($49 student
price)
      http://www.molecules.com/m3d_sefs.htm
2 - WebMolecules - an online VRML-based visualization Library (plug-in req'd)
      http://www.molecules.com/vrmlmols/index.html

--
David Segrist
Molecular Arts Technical Support

----------------------------------------------------------------
Molecular Arts Corporation            | <[email-masked]>
Hanover Corporate Centre, Suite 1000  | http://www.molecules.com
1532 East Katella Avenue              | Main: (714) 634-8100
Anaheim, California 92805-6627 USA    | FAX:  (714) 634-1999
----------------------------------------------------------------