Subject: Postdoctoral position

From: "Thomas Wagener" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 1998 17:18:35 +0200

Hi everybody,

I am forwarding this message for my boss. Please send *all replies* to
**him**.  The e-mail is given below.

Cheers,
                Thomas Wagener

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------

Dear Collegues,

        I am looking for a candidate for a POSTDOCTORAL POSITION in my
group.

Research area: Quantum chemical studies of the reaction mechanismen of
transition metal catalyzed
processes.

Requirements: Ph.D. in Theoretical/Computational Chemistry. Experience in
the application of ab initio
and/or DFT methods for the calculation of the structures and reaction
pathways of molecules. Ability to
communicate and to cooperate with experimentalists, because the project is
part of a combined
theoretical/experimental group project with the aim to find new catalysts.
Ability to work indepently.

Starting date: The position is open immediately.

Duration: 2 years.

Salary: BAT/IIa (Approximately DM 2800 - 3300 per month, after tax).

The project is funded by the BMBF (german state secretary of science and
education)

    The candidate should send his CV and arrange for three letters of
recommendation to be send to
my address below.

    I appreciate your help in finding a good candidate. Please feel free to
forward this mail to anyone who
might be interested in the position.

Professor Gernot Frenking
Fachbereich Chemie
Philipps-Universität Marburg
Hans-Meerwein-Strasse
D-35032 Marburg
Germany

Tel.: (06421)285563
        (06421)281535 (Secr.)
FAX: (06421)282189
Email: [email-masked]

Website: www.chemie.uni-marburg.de/~frenking/