Subject: ECCC-5 Full Announcement

From: Steven Bachrach <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 1998 16:12:47 -0500

The Fifth Electronic Computational Chemistry Conference (ECCC-5) will be
held November 2-30, 1998 entirely on the world-wide web. All areas of
computational chemistry are covered by this conference, from QSAR to ab
intio to MD to use of computers in education.

There is NO REGISTRATION FEE for ECCC5. Therefore, we strongly encourage
all computational chemists to participate!

All contributions are web-based articles that will be mounted either on
the conference server or on an author's local werver. Articles may be
either "papers" - those that will be submitted to the official
proceedings for publication in the Internet Journal of Chemistry
(www.ijc.com) - or "posters" - which will be posted only for the
duration of the conference.

Discussions of these contributions will be enabled through a web-based
form system.  Each participant can read and respond to any comment on
any article. 

Complete details on registration, abstract submission, article creation,
etc. can be found at the ECCC-5 web site

http://hackberry.chem.niu.edu/ECCC5/

IMPORTANT DATES:

             September 25, 1998 - Abstracts of Papers due 
             October 5, 1998 - Registration Opens 
             October 23, 1998 - Final Papers and Posters due 
             November 2, 1998 - Conference Begins 
             November 30, 1998 - Conference Ends 

On behalf of the ECCC-5 Scientific Organizing Committee:

  Steven M. Bachrach, Northern Illinois University 
  Tom Cundari, University of Memphis 
  David Deerfield, Pitssburgh Supercomputer Scenter 
  Herbert Homeier, Universitaet Regensburg 
  Anne McCoy, Ohio State University 
  Charles Reynolds, Rohm and Haas 
--
Steven Bachrach				
Department of Chemistry
Northern Illinois University
DeKalb, Il 60115			Phone: (815)753-6863
[email-masked]			Fax:   (815)753-4802