Subject: Gaussian 98 Now Shipping

From: [email-masked] (David Moses)
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 1998 16:23:23 -0400 (EDT)

Dear Colleague:

 Gaussian, Inc. is pleased to announce the availability of Gaussian 98, the
 latest development in the Gaussian series of programs.  Gaussian 98 is
 available immediately for several computer platforms including Cray (PVP),
 Digital Alpha (Digital UNIX), HP (HP-UX), IBM RS/6000 (AIX), Silicon Graphics
 (IRIX), and Intel Pentium and Pentium Pro (Windows 95/98/NT and Linux). 
 Sun Sparc & UltraSparc, Fujitsu and NEC versions of Gaussian 98 are not
 immediately available, but are in final testing.

 Among new features in Gaussian 98 are ONIOM hybrid MO/MO and MO/MM methods,
 analytic 2nd derivatives with ECP basis sets, MP2 NMR chemical shifts, PCM
 solvation models, excited state energies via TD-DFT, and new reaction path
 & transition state searching methods.  Performance improvements in G98
 include DFT speedups especially for frequencies, symmetry for post-MP2
 methods, sparse matrix methods for very large AM1 energy calculations,
 enhancements for geometry optimizations, improved CASSCF methods, and 
 Fast Multipole Methods (FMM) for DFT.  Extensions to the built-in basis
 sets cover the periodic table and add commonly-requested extended basis
 sets, notably the Stuttgart/Dresden ECP set.

 Details of all features and other information about Gaussian 98 may be
 obtained by contacting us at the address, telephone numbers, or email
 given below.  Our website at http://www.gaussian.com is still under
 construction and will soon be fully updated.

 *------------------------*------------------------*-----------------------*
 | David J. Moses, Ph.D.  |  Carnegie Office Park  |  [email-masked]    |
 | Vice President, C.O.O. |  Building Six          |  412-279-6700 (Voice) |
 | Gaussian, Inc.         |  Pittsburgh, PA 15106  |  412-279-2118 (FAX)   |
 *------------------------*------------------------*-----------------------*
 |         Be sure to visit our Website at http://www.gaussian.com         |
 *------------------------*------------------------*-----------------------*