Subject: Chirality check

From: "Stefano Chimichi" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 1998 09:47:41 +0200

Dear Netters:

I have the following question: stated that beta-D-glucose has the 
following absolute configuration 2R,3R,4S,5S,6R, after drawing the 
molecule with various packages, the chirality check with programs like 
Hyperchem or the nice WebViewer I always get an error for C4 
(2R,3R,<bold>4R</bold>,5S,6R). There is perhaps something wrong in the 
algorithm? Your experience or suggestions will be gratefully 
appreciated.

Regards

SC

Sorry for duplicate posting to other lists

<nofill>
********************************************************
Prof. Stefano Chimichi
Organic Chemistry Dept. -UNIFI-    Tel. 39+055+2757631
Via Gino Capponi, 9                        Fax 39+55+2476964
I-50121 Firenze / Italy         
[email-masked]
http://www.chimorg.unifi.it/~chimichi
********************************************************

---

From: "Stefano Chimichi" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 1998 13:24:40 +0200

Dear Netters,

following my previous message, I wish to thank Dr. G.P. Moss for the 
correction. I'm referring to beta-D-glucose in the "usual" pyranosidic 
form and I make a mistake in atom numbering. Obviously the correct 
one is  (for this form):

1R, 2R, 3S, <bold>4S</bold>, 5R

whereas I get from the chirality check in programs:

1R, 2R, 3S, <bold>4R</bold>, 5R

Thanks again for your attention

SC

<nofill>