Subject: Feature Trees: new software for molecular similarity analysis

From: Matthias Rarey <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 1998 10:00:17 +0200 (MET DST)

Dear CCLer,

During the last year GMD-SCAI in cooperation with SmithKline Beecham R&D
have developed a new molecular descriptor technology called 'Feature Trees'. 
The Feature Tree similarity value is based on molecular interaction
profiles and a rough mapping computed between the molecules to compare.
Due to efficient mapping algorithms (about 50ms per pair-comparison on 
an R10000 CPU) the method is applicable to large databases. A paper
on Feature Trees will appear in J.Comput.-Aided Mol.Design in the next
months.

In order to get feedback about the usefulness and applicability of the
method, GMD-SCAI offers now free-of-charge temporary licenses for 
evaluating the corresponding software tool called Ftrees.
The license covers the full functionality of Ftrees and will be valid
for about three months. More information can be found on:

http://cartan.gmd.de/Ftrees

Regards,
        Matthias Rarey ([email-masked])