Subject: any suggestions?

From: "Vincent J. Hilser" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 1998 09:27:09 -0500

greetings folks,
	I am an asst. prof. of structural biology at UTMB, Galveston and I
am researching my options as far as purchasing computers.  My computational
requirements involve at least four processors and I am currently borrowing
time on a colleagues Origin 2000.  I was investigating my own SGI options,
and it seems to me that the bang for the buck is just not there.  As my
needs are purely number crunching, I am interested in finding out what
LINUX based approach would best suit my needs.  in addition to number and
speed of processors, I need to consider start-up and upkeep time and
expense, expandability, etc.  Any help in this matter would be greatly
appreciated.

Regards,
Vince

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=--=-=

       Vincent J. Hilser, Ph.D.
       Assistant Professor

       Department of Human Biological Chemistry & Genetics,
       Sealy Center for Structural Biology,
       Sealy Center for Molecular Science
       University of Texas Medical Branch
       5.166 Medical Research Bldg.
       Galveston, TX 77555-1055

       (409) 747-6813 (office)
       (409) 747-6812 (lab)
       (409) 772-4298 (FAX)

       e-mail:  [email-masked]
       http://www.hbcg.utmb.edu/faculty/hilser/hilser.html
       http://www.scsb.utmb.edu/

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=--=-=