Subject: SPRING ACS Call For Papers (COMP)

From: [email-masked] (Joe Golab)
Date: Wed, 2 Sep 1998 12:49:33 -0500

!!! CALL FOR PAPERS 1999 Spring National ACS Meeting (March 21-25) !!!

    "Bridging the Gap between Modeling in Chemistry and Engineering" (COMP)

               >>>>> SUBMISSION DEADLINE November 9, 1998 <<<<<

Molecular modeling and simulation have reached levels of sophistication
and accuracy that make them increasingly useful and even essential tools
for chemists and chemical engineers.  At the same time, the methods,
capabilities, and limitations are often not yet well-known.  More
importantly, chemists and chemical engineers have evolved different
approaches to the problem and the communication between the two groups
is limited and inadequate.  As part of the 1999 Spring National ACS
Meeting (March 21-25) in Anahiem, a symposium will be held on "Bridging
the Gap between Modeling in Chemistry and Engineering".

The purpose of the symposium is to foster the development of an efficient
dialogue between practitioners in both chemistry and engineering modeling
which leads to real links that are exploitable to industrial, government,
and academic affairs.  The goal of the session is to educate potential,
novice, and expert modelers by emphasizing how methods and successes have
helped (or have the potential to help) the two fields.

Contributed papers should focus on applications and new developments that
highlight overlap with and support of other areas of modeling.  Feel free
to identify how modeling is implemented in your organization, share
achievements, and philosophize on future challenges or rewards.  It is
anticipated that the audience will consist of those who need to understand
possible uses and results and those who simply want to learn about the area.

We are seeking papers on the following topics: Thermochemistry, Kinetics,
Physical Properties, Catalysis, Forcefields, Process Screening, Solvation,
Adsorption, Polymers & Copolymers, Phase and Multicomponent Equilibria,
Surfactants, Materials, and Tools.

We strongly encourage you to submit a suitable paper for this session.
Papers will be accepted for review by contacting either one of us using the
information below.  The submission deadline is November 9, 1998 and should
include a title and abstract.

Please distribute this information to other researchers in industry,
academia, and national labs.  Thank you for your consideration.

Joseph T. Golab                Paul M. Mathias
Amoco Corporation              Aspen Technology, Inc.
MAIL CODE D-5
150 West Warrenville Road      Ten Canal Park
Naperville, Illinois 60563     Cambridge, MA 02141-2201
Tel: (630) 961-7878            Tel: (617) 949-1727
Fax: (630) 961-6223            Fax: (617) 949-0727
Email: [email-masked]       Email: [email-masked]

-- 

:Joe
 [email-masked]
 (630) 961-7878  <SOCON 231 7878>

 +---------------------------------------------+
 | Just because something doesn't do what you  |
 | planned it to do doesn't mean it's useless. |
 |                             - Thomas Edison |
 +---------------------------------------------+