Subject: Internet Journal of Chemistry (IJC)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 1 Sep 1998 15:19:25 -0400 (EDT)

Just a brief note to draw your attention to a new, fully peer-reviewed 
and, for now, FREE chemistry e-journal: The Internet Journal of
Chemistry - IJC (available at http://www.ijc.com/).  The IJC is available
in e-form; there is no corresponding print version of the journal.

Launched in January 1998, with 36 articles published as of the end of
August 1998, the IJC is a repository for the latest chemistry research
findings.  The Internet Journal of Chemistry has been established for
chemists all over the world to take advantage of this new medium of
dissemination of scientific research and to encourage chemists to use
this vital new research tool. The IJC is seeking new research papers for
publication.  

Uniquely for authors, the Internet Journal of Chemistry offers:

-  complete integration of multimedia, interactive tools within the
     article
-  encourages java and javascript 
-  accepts data files in any format
-  imposes no arbitrary "page" limits
-  copyright licenses with payment to authors

Unique features of IJC for readers: 

- customized journal layout
- customized content (units, reference formats, etc.)
- user annotations of articles

Other features (not necessarily unique to IJC)
  for authors -
      peer review
      rapid publication, typically 6 weeks from submission to
          publication
      cited in Chemical Abstracts
      only format restriction is the article must be written in HTML

  for readers -
      articles available in HTML, thereby readily available through a 
          standard browser and standard browser customizations available
          (fonts, point size, etc.)
      free access through 1999 
      email update notification of newly published articles