Subject: Call for Papers

From: "Osman F. Guner" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 03 Sep 1998 09:21:24 -0700

TECHNIQUES IN PHARMACOPHORE DEVELOPMENT

to be held at the American Chemical Society Meeting in Anaheim, CA March
21-25, 1999

Sponsored by the Division of Chemical Informatics
Co-sponsored by Division of Computers in Chemistry

While "3D Searching" has established itself as one of the essential
tools in Computer-Aided Drug Design, the ability to ask better questions
to retrieve better answers from 3D databases is still a challenging
task.  The better questions in 3D Searching involve development of
search queries that represent "pharmacophores."  Pharmacophore
development may involve anywhere from a simple visual pattern
recognition, to fully automated model generation tools, to
receptor-based methods.

In this symposium, we will try to cover new developments in the area of
pharmacophore development as well as validation studies on the existing
methods, experimental prototypes, and in short, full spectrum of
techniques in pharmacophore development.  

If you are interested in contributing to this symposium, the due date
for 150 word abstracts is November 15, 1998.  Electronic version of ACS
abstract forms are preferred and can be obtained from
http://www.acs.org/meetings/abstract/absdown.html

Thx...Osman

-- 
Osman F. Guner, Ph.D.         
Sr.Product Manager,   Rational Drug Design
Molecular Simulations, Inc. (619) 799-5341              
[email-masked]           http://www.msi.com