Subject: Re: CCL:Re: CCL:Linux on Alpha, math library

From: Jochen Kuepper <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Sep 1998 16:22:32 +0200

On Mon, 31 Aug 1998 Marc N. wrote:
>On Sat, 29 Aug 1998, Victoria Buch wrote:

>Well, this seems to be somewhat of an oversimplification.  Indeed, the
>libraries are very important, and so one can probably say that the
>standard libraries that come with [Red Hat] Linux/Alpha are good only for
>"simple operations + - * /".
>
>However, with the right, i.e., optimized libraries, we've found, e.g., 
>Gaussian 94 on a 500MHz Alpha/Linux box to be 2.5 times as fast as on a
>400MHz Pentium II Linux system.

Are you using the optimzed libfm and libffm math libraries ?
(See my other posting).

Greetings,
Jochen
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
  Jochen K"upper

  Heinrich-Heine-Universit"at D"usseldorf   [email-masked]
  Institut f"ur Physikalische Chemie I
  Universit"atsstr. 1, Geb 26.43 Raum 02.29    phone ++49-211-8113681
  40225 D"usseldorf                            fax   ++49-211-8115195
  Germany             http://www-public.rz.uni-duesseldorf.de/~jochen
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Jochen Kuepper <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Sep 1998 16:22:32 +0200

Greetings,
Jochen