Subject: CCL: (1) Morse potential and (2) hindered rotations

From: Arbouznikov Alexei <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 Sep 1998 10:56:24 +0200 (MDT)

Dear CCL'ers,

	Could anybody hint me (or give some reference) concerning the
energy levels for uni-dimensional motion in the Morse potential? (I read
that this problem has been solved exactly, but may be I confused something
and this is not the case). What I need in exactly is the partition
function for the vibrational motion just in this Morse potential. 

	Secondly, I also heard (but not found anywhere) that there is an
exact expression of the partition function for the hindered internal
rotations. Does anybody know, where one could find it? 

	Best regards,

	Alexei

	Dr. Alexei Arbouznikov
        Ecole Nationale Superieure de Chimie,
	Laboratoire de Materiaux Catalytiques et Catalyse en
	Chimie Organique, UMR 5618 CNRS-ENSCM - Prof. F.Fajula,
        8, rue de l'Ecole Normale
        34296 Montpellier, Cedex 5
        FRANCE

        Telephone: (33) 4-67-14-72-68
        Fax:   (33) 4-67-14-43-49
        E-mail: [email-masked]