Subject: CALL FOR PAPERS

From: Dan Tedder <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 04 Sep 1998 15:45:20 -0400

CALL FOR PAPERS

                                     ADVANCES IN MODELLING

         A SYMPOSIUM SPONSORED BY THE I&EC DIVISION OF ACS
                     J.L. BRYANT AND D.W. TEDDER, ORGANIZERS
                                217TH ACS NATIONAL MEETING
                                    ANAHEIM, CALIFORNIA
                                       MARCH 21-25, 1999

Papers and presentations are invited that describe advances in modelling to
solve significant problems in science and engineering. Contributors may
focus on aspects ranging from fundamental research to new applications in
science and industry. Examples of specific applications include molecular
modelling to estimate chemical engineering data, chemical process
simulation, modelling thermodynamic behavior, neural network and artificial
intelligence applications, the solution of highly complex or
multidimensional problems using parallel computing, on-line computerized
robotics applications, and graphical interface systems facilitating
statistical analysis and evaluation. Review articles are also appropriate.
Contributors should provide camera-ready copy of a one paragraph abstract
in standard ACS format no later than October 15, 1998. (See instructions
below.) Five draft copies of full manuscripts for peer review should be
submitted two weks before the symposium, but cannot be accepted for review
later than 30 days after the symposium. An independent peer review of all
full manuscripts will be coordinated by the symposium coordinators to meet
I&EC standards. One or more books will be published from the full
manuscripts after editing and review.

SEND ABSTRACTS BY OCTOBER 15, 1998 TO:

                                       Dr. D.W. Tedder
                              School of Chemical Engineering
                                    778 Atlantic Drive
                              Georgia Institute of Technology
                               Atlanta, GA 30332-0100  USA

Abstracts (camera-ready copy, one paragraph, 150 words or less) should be
submitted on the standard ACS abstract form or plain white paper. 

See http://www.acs.org/meetings/abstract/abinfo.html for further details.

Contributors will be notified of acceptance within 30 days of the deadline.
The organizers look forward to seeing you in Anaheim.

Dan Tedder
School of Chemical Engineering
Georgia Institute of Technology
778 Atlantic Drive
Atlanta, GA 30332-0100 USA

E-Mail: [email-masked]
Fax:    404-894-2866
Phone: 404-894-2856