Subject: QCNT - New Mailing List

From: Alexander Klinsky <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 Sep 1998 17:29:20 +0200 (MSZ)

Dear Colleaques !

QCNT - Quantum Chemistry on Windows NT -

Is the name of a new mailing list opended today
for everyone who is interested in compuational chemistry,
molecular modeling, molecular visualisation etc. and 
uses or considers to use Microsoft Windows NT 
on Intel or Alpha processors.

This list is meant as a tool for sharing information
covering the complete spectrum of NT as a powerful alternative 
to traditional Unix workstations like

* Optimising NT for performance ( e.g OpenGL graphic cards, 
  SCSI versus EIDE, RAID5 controllers etc. )
* Porting from Unix ( OpenNT, MKS, GnuWin32)
* Software available for this platfrom ( G98W, PC-GAMESS...)
* Building and operating clusters with NT ( HPVM, PVM, MPI )
* Development tools ( GnuWin32, Digital Visual Fortran,...)
* Unix/NT connectivity ( X-Window servers, NFS, etc.)

and asking/solving problems when doing scientific work
with this rather new platform.

I would appreciate your subscription to this mailing list
under http://www.onelist.com/subscribe.cgi/qcnt

The archives of the messages posted are available at
http://www.onelist.com/archives.cgi/qcnt

Kind regards

               Alexander Klinsky
----------------------------------------------------
- Department of applied theoretical biochemistry   -
- Insitute of theoretical and radiation chemistry  -
- University of Vienna                             -
- Austria                                          -
----------------------------------------------------