From: Sergei Tretiak <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 1998 11:48:54 -0400 (EDT)

Dear Colleague:

1. I have a question about molecular builders. We already have Gaussian 
and Gamess on our
Unix machines. In addition we are planning to buy some program for 
building structures and
visualization of molecules (up to hundreds heavy atoms) and calculated 
properties like
vibrations, densities, etc. For example, possible candidates are Spartan, 
Gaussian View.
Does anyone have experience with such program, the information would be 
greatly
appreciated and summarized. Which program is better? Unix or windows? (I 
mean, for
example, whether Spartan 5.0 is much better Spartan PC Plus?)

2. I did not get any messages from CCL for last couple weeks. I wander
what is going on. Whether CCL activity is slowed down or my name has been
slipped out of the list. I miss CCL very much.

                Sincerely,
                                Sergei

 .-----------------------------------------------------------------------.
|\  / \	|		Sergei Tretiak                          | / \  /| 
|.\/...\|.......................................................|/...\/.|
| Department of Chemistry     | Voice: (716) 275-8289                   |
| University of Rochester     | Fax:   (716) 473-6889                   | 
| P. O. Box 270216            | E-mail: [email-masked]  |
| Rochester, NY 14627-0216    |         [email-masked]  |
|    Homepage: http://markov.chem.rochester.edu/serg/welcome.html       |
|_______________________________________________________________________|