Subject: MSCF Call for Proposals in Environmental Molecular Science Grand Challenge Apps

From: "Eades, Robert A" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 1998 14:17:33 -0700

MSCF Call for Proposals in Environmental Molecular Science Grand Challenge
Applications

  Richland, WA -- The Molecular Science Computing Facility (MSCF) in the William
R. Wiley Environmental Molecular Sciences Laboratory at the Pacific Northwest
National Laboratory announces a call for proposals (for allocations of computer
time) for Computational Grand Challenge Applications (CGCA) projects in
environmental molecular science research areas that address the environmental
problems and research needs facing the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) and the
Nation. CGCA projects can be proposed for periods of one to three years, with
the duration being appropriate for the  scope of research to be performed.
Proposals are due November 30, 1998.

  The MSCF has a 512 processor IBM RS/6000 SP System as well as a suite of
computational chemisty software (NWChem and Ecce) designed to take advantage of
the IBM SP and other computer systems in the MSCF. Further information on the
CGCA call for proposals is available at
http://www.emsl.pnl.gov:2080/docs/tms/mscf/proposals/homepage.html and for the
MSCF at http://www.emsl.pnl.gov:2080/mscf/.

  The William R. Wiley Environmental Molecular Sciences Laboratory (EMSL) is a
new research facility funded by the Office of Biological and Environmental
Research in the U.S. Department of Energy. As a National Scientific User
Facility, the mission of the EMSL is to provide advanced
and unique resources to scientists engaged in research in the environmental
molecular sciences and educate young scientists in the molecular sciences to
meet the demanding environmental challenges of the future.

  As a research organization, the EMSL seeks to attain a molecular-level
understanding of the physical, chemical and biological processes needed to solve
critical environmental problems and advance molecular science in support of the
long-term environmental missions of DOE and the Nation.

  Further information on the EMSL is available at http://www.emsl.pnl.gov:2080/.

=========================================================================

Robert Eades
tel  509-376-9300
fax  509-376-0420
[email-masked]