Subject: CCTCC-7 Announcement

From: [email-masked] (Jerzy Leszczynski)
Date: Sat, 26 Sep 1998 13:54:55 -0500

Second Announcement

  Dear Colleague:
  
     We are pleased to announce the seventh conference on Current Trends
  in Computational Chemistry. This symposium, organized by Jackson State
  University, will cover all areas of computational chemistry as well as
  quantum chemistry. The local host of the conference is the US Army Corps
  of Engineers Waterways Experiment Station (WES) in Vicksburg, Mississippi.
     The meeting will be held at the Holiday Inn of Vicksburg, Mississippi
  (40 miles west of Jackson) on November 6 and 7, 1998. The format consists
  of a series of plenary lectures and poster presentations on Friday and
  Saturday, covering applications as well as theory. In addition, a banquet
  is scheduled for Friday evening and a dinner and reception for Saturday
  evening.
     The 7th conference will also feature another talk given in the 
  ancillary "Noble Lecture Series." This series was initiated during the
  6 CCTCC by a remarkable presentation by Istvan Hargittai entitled "The 
  Molecules Among Us: Conversation with Famous Chemists." The lectures in
  this series are presented in a relaxed, after-dinner atmosphere by the
  noble speakers and are devoted to noble scientific events and people.
  As such, it is an exceptional lecture to the conference and contrary to 
  the regular talks, might not necessarily report any Current findings.
  This year the talk will be delivered by Eiji Osawa who will speak on
  "Past and Future of the Fullerene Story."                     
     We are planning to publish extended abstracts (up to four pages each)
  of all invited talks and poster presentations. Original scientific
  contributions will be published in a special issue of the Journal of
  Molecular Structure (THEOCHEM). Manuscripts for inclusion in the special
  issue should be submitted in triplicate upon arrival at the registration
  desk. Submitted papers will be subject to the journal's standard referee
  procedures.

  Sincerely,
  Jerzy Leszczynski 
  Chairman of the Organizing Committee

              INVITED SPEAKERS

 David Buckingham                  University of Cambridge     
 "Molecules in Optical Fields"

 Stanley Burt                      NCI-Frederick Biomedical Supercomputer Center
 "The Use of DFT for Exploring Metal-Assisted
  Catalysis in Biology and Chemistry"

 Piet van Duijnen                  University of Groningen
 "Calculation of Electronic Properties of Molecules 
  in Solution with Direct Reaction Field Method"

 William A. Goddard III            California Institute of Technology
        TBA

 Magdolna Hargittai                Hungarian Academy of Sciences
 "Metal Halide Molecular Structures:
  Interactions of Computations &  Experiment"

 Ivan Hubac                        Comenius University, Bratislava
 "Non-adiabatic Molecular Hamiltonian. Canonical
  Transformations Coupling Electronic and Vibrational Motions"

 Kimihiko Hirao                    University of Tokyo
 "Recent Advances In Multireference Moller-
  Plesset Perturbation Theory"

 William L. Jorgensen              Yale University
 "Computer Silmulations of Chemistry in
  Solution from Water to  Protein-Ligand Binding"

 Modesto Orozco                    Universitat de Barselona
 "Theoretical Representation of Unsual DNA Structures"

 Eiji Osawa*                       Toyohashi University of Technology           
 "Past and Future of the Fullerene Story"

 Pekka Pyykko                      University of Helsinki
 "Recent Results in the Theoretical Chemistry of Gold"

 Krishnan Raghavachari             Bell Labs
 "Accurate Thermochemistry for Medium Sized & Large Molecles"

 David Singh                       Naval Research Lab
 "Toward Designer Materials Using First Principles Calculations"
  
 Krystyna Zakrzewska               Institut de Biologie Physico-Chimique, Paris
 "Modelling Protein DNA Recognition"

 * After-dinner "Noble Lecture Series"

7TH CONFERENCE ON 
Current Trends In Computational Chemistry

NOVEMBER 6 & 7, 1998, Vicksburg, Mississippi. 

1.   NAME:___________________________________________________________________
     MAILING ADDRESS:________________________________________________________
                                        
     ________________________________________________________________________

     TELEPHONE: _____________  FAX: ______________  E-MAIL:__________________

2.   If you wish to present a poster, please indicate the title below. All
     abstracts are due by October 9, 1998 (up to 4 pages in length,
     presenting author underlined, photo ready quality, in duplicate) to
     ensure publication in the Conference Materials.

     TITLE:__________________________________________________________________

     ________________________________________________________________________

     AUTHORS:________________________________________________________________

3.   Conference materials, banquet and reception fee, all meals from breakfast
     Friday through dinner Saturday, coffee, and refreshments are included per
     paid participant.

     MAKE CHECKS PAYABLE TO: Current Trends in Computational Chemistry. 

     Registration fee before September 1, 1998       US   $150.00   $_________   

     Registration fee thereafter                           200.00   $_________

     Registration fee at student discount                   75.00   $_________

4.   HOUSING: The organizers will not make housing reservations. To reserve
     a room at the special conference rate of $50.00-$60.00 per room, contact
     the Holiday Inn of Vicksburg, 3330 Clay Street, Vicksburg, MS 39180,
     Tel:(601)636-4551, Fax:(601)636-4552. Reservations should be arranged
     with the Holiday Inn prior to October 10, 1998.   

          I do _____ do not _____ plan to stay at the conference hotel.

          I do _____ do not _____ plan to submit a paper to the special
            issue of THEOCHEM.

                                        ____________________
                                             Signature

  http://tiger.jsums.edu/~cctcc
  
  Department of Chemistry, Jackson State University, Jackson, MS 39217, USA
  Conference Chairman: Dr. Jerzy Leszczynski, Tel: 601-973-3482,
       Email: jerzy2.iris5.jsums.edu.
  Conference Secretary: Ms. Shonda Allen, Tel: 601-973-3723,
       Email: [email-masked].