Subject: g94 on an Alpha/linux -> problems!

From: Reinaldo Pis Diez <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 05 Oct 1998 12:01:31

Dear netters,

		I'm trying to compile g94 rev. E.2 on a 500 Mhz Alpha/linux box under
RedHat 5.1, using egcs 1.0.2-8. The makefile I'm using is f2c.make. At a
given point of the compilation I've got the following error message in my
*.log file:

f2c -kr -T. -R -Nx400 -Nn1604 -NL800 gau-worker.f
gau-worker.f:
   MAIN gworkr:
cc -Wl,-sort-common  -O2 -c gau-worker.c
cc: -sort-common: linker input file unused since linking not done
rm -f gau-worker.f gau-worker.c
cc -Wl,-sort-common  -O2 -o gau-worker gau-worker.o  \
   util.a -lf2c -lm
util.a(fileio.o): In function `fileio_':
fileio.c(.text+0x70): undefined reference to `loc_'
fileio.c(.text+0x74): undefined reference to `loc_'
fileio.c(.text+0x28d8): undefined reference to `loc_'
fileio.c(.text+0x28dc): undefined reference to `loc_'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [gau-worker] Error 1
if ( -e gauopt ) rm -f gauopt
ln -s g94opt gauopt

		The fileio subroutine is contained in utilam.F. It calls a function named
loc but this is not present in any other file from the distribution. I've
got g94 running in some 200 Mhz PPro though it was compiled using gcc
there. Did I miss a library from the RH distribution perhaps? I'd
appreciate any help!!

		Regards,

						Reinaldo