Subject: Call for papers TECHNIQUES IN PHARMACOPHORE DEVELOPMENT

From: "Osman F. Guner" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 1998 08:04:22 -0700

Apologies for posting at multiple listservers.

TECHNIQUES IN PHARMACOPHORE DEVELOPMENT

to be held at the American Chemical Society Meeting in Anaheim CA, March
21-25, 1999

Sponsored by the Division of Chemical Information
Co-sponsored by Division of Computers in Chemistry

While "3D Searching" has established itself as one of the essential
tools in Computer-Aided Drug Design and combinatorial library focusing,
the ability to ask better questions to retrieve better hit lists from 3D
databases is still a challenging task.  The questions in 3D Searching
involve a search queries that represent "pharmacophore models." 
Pharmacophore development may involve a range of activities from a
simple visual pattern recognition, to fully automated model generation,
to receptor-based methods.

In this symposium, we will try to cover new developments in the area of
pharmacophore development as well as validation studies on the existing
methods, experimental prototypes, and in short, full spectrum of
techniques in pharmacophore development.

If you are interested in contributing to this symposium, the due date
for 150 word abstract is November 15, 1998.  Electronic version of ACS
abstract forms are prefered and can be obtained from
http://www.acs.org/meetings/abstract/absdown.html

Thx...Osman

-- 
Osman F. Guner, Ph.D.         
Sr.Product Manager,   Rational Drug Design
Molecular Simulations, Inc. (619) 799-5341              
[email-masked]           http://www.msi.com