Subject: G94 Polarizability units

From: Steve Bennett <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 1998 16:33:14 -0400 (EDT)

What are the units of polarizabilty in G94?  If you perform a
frequency or polar run, you end up with values for the tensor in the form
alphaxx, alphaxy, alphayy, alpha xz, alphayz, and alphazz, but I could not
discern any units from the Gaussian manual.  Cubic angstroms would make 
sense, as would atomic units but I wanted to clarify.  Thanks in advance. 
Any assistance would be appreciated. 

Steven D. Bennett
University of Delaware                  Department of Chemistry
304A Drake Hall                         (302) 831-8720
[email-masked]            (302) 737-8485
http://udel.edu/~sbennett/steves.html  

In a world without walls or fences, what use do we have for windows 
or gates?

"Scepticism is the chastity of the intellect, and it is shameful to
surrender it too soon or to the first comer:  there is nobility in
preserving it cooly and proudly through long youth, until at last,
in the ripeness of instinct and discretion, it can be safely exchanged
for fidelity and happiness."			George Santayana
	Scepticism and Animal Faith, IX