Subject: Ks of Polynuclear Complexes...

From: Jose Villanueva <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 1998 21:40:02 +0100

Dear Friends,

I am using a macro of excel to determine the stability constants of a
organic ligand with mercury in organic solvents (CH3CN...) I get the
concentration of the metal (Hg) using a suitable electrode and the ligand
is in a microburette. My complex is formed following the next equations:
	
	2M	+	L	=	M2L		K1
	M2L	+	L	=	ML		K2

I obtained a "good values" using the average number of ligands bound to
each metal ion

			n = Lt-[L]/Mt

it means that i had to replace [L] with [M] provided for my electrode...

The problem is: I am not sure of my results are valid, may somebody help
me? there are specific methods or software (free) in order to make this
calculations?

Thank You in advance,

Jose Villanueva
[email-masked]