Subject: ISI and citation

From: Davide Proserpio <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 1998 11:57:41 +0100 (MET)

After Le Bail message concerning the ISI's most cited chemists
, I would like to suggest to read also a recent paper published
on New J. Chemistry concerning :

Sense and Nonsense of science citation analyses : comments
on the monopoly position of ISI and citation inaccuracies. Risk of
possible misuses and biased citation and impact data

by Jan Reedijk  N.J. Chem. 1998 pag 767-770

Note: I just read the paper, I have no connection with the author.
At the present NJC is freely downladable from the internet (for all 1998)

http://www.rsc.org/is/journals/current/newjchem/njccon.htm

Davide

-------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Dr. Davide M. Proserpio
Dipartimento  di Chimica  Strutturale  e  Stereochimica  Inorganica
Universita' di Milano,   Via Venezian, 21 -  20133  Milano,   Italy
phone +39-2-70635120 fax 70635288 -     [email-masked]
-------------------------------------------------------------------