Subject: CCL: short summary -- a good graphing analysis package

From: "Kieran F Lim (Lim Pak Kwan)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 1998 11:26:29 +1000

thank you to everyone who contributed.

>We are seeking a dual platform (Mac and PC) graphing and analysis
>package. This should have the ability to do
> - curve fitting (including user-defined functions)
> - 2-d and 3-d plots
> - plots suitable for insertion into both hardcopy and electronic
>   documents (not everthing does the latter well!)

the concensus seems to be:

1. Igor Pro
   Mac and PC
	http://www.wavemetrics.com
        http://macweek.zdnet.com/mw_1017/news_igor.html

2. Origin
   PC only
	http://www.microcal.com

3. symbolic algebra, spreadsheet programs, etc -- eg
   Mathematica http://www.wolfram.com
   MatLAB http://www.mathworks.com
   MicroSoft Excel

a full summary is posted separately.

thank you again to everyone.

Kieran

------------------------------------------------------------
 Dr Kieran F Lim             Biol. and Chemical Sciences
 (Lim Pak Kwan)              Deakin University
 ph:  + [61] (3) 5227-2146   Geelong          VIC   3217
 fax: + [61] (3) 5227-1040   AUSTRALIA
 mailto:[email-masked]    http://www.deakin.edu.au/~lim