Subject: MSM 99, Puerto Rico, Call for Papers

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 1998 16:09:29 +0100 (MET)

FINAL ANNOUNCEMENT AND CALL FOR PAPERS

International Conference on Modeling and Simulation of Microsystems
                              MSM 99

               San Juan Marriott & Stellaris Casino
                        Puerto Rico, U.S.A.
                         April 19-21, 1999
                 Abstract Deadline: Nov. 30, 1998

                 USA:  http://www.iamcm.org/MSM99
               Europe:  http://dmtwww.epfl.ch/MSM99

        An Interdisciplinary Integrative Forum on Modeling,
    Simulation and Scientific Computing in the Microelectronic,
    Semiconductor, Sensors, Materials and Biotechnology fields

Sponsored By:

   IEEE Electron Devices Society
   Motorola
   Swiss Federal Institute of Technology of Lausanne
   International Association of Mathematical and Computer Modelling
   Applied Computational Research Society
   TIMA-CMP Laboratory, France
   ISTEC
   Microcosm Technologies, Inc.
   Molecular Simulation, Inc.

__________________________________________________________________

  MSM is the arena for advancing computational high technology by
  providing an evolving foundation for applied modeling, simulation 
  and scientific computing.  MSM emphasizes an interdisciplinary 
  approach to computational sciences research, addressing issues 
  of mutual interest and encouraging bridges between adjacent 
  specialties. The primary goal of this conference is to bring 
  together researchers, designers, programmers and vendors involved 
  in microsystem developments (semiconductor, sensors, materials, 
  and biotechnology) to facilitate cross fertilization of ideas 
  and exchange of information.
__________________________________________________________________

Scheduled Key Note Lectures:

 - Dr. Len Borucki          - Motorola, USA
 - Dr. Heather B. Dussault  - DARPA/ETO, USA
 - Prof. Michael G. Pecht   - University of Maryland, USA
 - Prof. Jean-Louis Sanchez - ULAAS/CNRS, Toulouse, France
 - Prof. Gerhard Wachutka   - Technical Univ. of M’nich, Germany
 - Prof. Jacob White        - Massachusetts Inst. of Technology
__________________________________________________________________

Full Day Workshop  - Computational Initiatives in Biotechnology 

  Exploring current and emerging computational research   
  opportunities within the biotechnology and bioscience areas.
  Chair: Dirk Bussiere, Abbott Laboratories, topics include:

    Computational Structural Biology 
    Computational Genomics and Bioinformatics 
    Computational Protein Engineering
    Computational Chemistry for Rational Drug Design and Discovery
__________________________________________________________________

Special Sessions

 - Computational Methods for Microfluidics
     Chair: Narayan Aluru     - Univ. of Illinois Urbana-Champaign

 - DNA Chip Technology
     Chair: Bruce Eichinger   - Molecular Simulations, Inc.

 - System-Level Modeling and Simulation of MEMS 
     Chair: Gary K. Fedder    - Carnegie Mellon University

 - Computational Extraction of Compact Model Parameters for ULSI
   and MEMS
     Chair: Jan G. Korvink    - Univ. of Freiburg, Germany

 - Silicon Front-End Technology: Computational Materials Modeling 
   and Simulation 
     Chair: Mike Masquelier   - Motorola

 - Modeling and Simulation of Quantum Devices and Systems 
     Chair: Dragica Vasileska - Arizona State University
__________________________________________________________________

MSM Topics and Application Areas

  The conference provides a forum for analyses and discussions about
  how to develop interdependent software packages, how to establish
  interfaces and cooperation strategies and how to deploy simulation
  methods progressing towards efficient modeling of complete 
  microsystems.  The following non-exclusive list includes the main
  Topics and Application Areas that help in the progression towards 
  the stated objectives:

TOPICS:

  Mathematical Modeling and Scaling Laws
  Numerical Methods
  Finite and Boundary Element Methods
  Process, Device and Circuit Simulation
  Model Calibration and Validation
  Equipment Modeling
  Computational Materials
  Combinatorial Chemisty
  Atomistics and Molecular Simulation
  Computational Genomics and Bioinformatics
  Co-simulation and Optimization
  System and Multi-level Modeling
  Artificial Intelligence and Expert Systems
  Virtual Reality and Computer Vision
  Data Bases, Data Exchange and Translators

APPLICATION AREAS:

  Semiconductors and Microelectronics
  Advanced Packaging and Interconnects
  Micro Electro Mechanical Systems
  Smart Sensors and Structures
  Advanced Lithography and Photonics
  Metrology
  Microfluidic Systems
  Biotechnology and Structural Biology
  DNA Chip Technology
  Environmental Monitoring
  Manufacturing and Scheduling
  CAD/CAE/CAM
__________________________________________________________________

              Abstracts due: November 30, 1998
__________________________________________________________________

Exhibitor space is available.

Please check the WWW-site

             USA:  http://www.iamcm.org/MSM99

          Europe:  http://dmtwww.epfl.ch/MSM99

for more information concerning registration, lodging, abstract
submission and deadlines.