Subject: 'Using Computers to Facilitate Learning' symposium, last call

From: Abby Parrill <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 1998 08:31:30 -0600

Hi CCL-ers,

  I would like to invite the contribution of a few more oral
presentations to fill out a symposium for the ACS Meeting in Anaheim
this spring entitled 'Using Computers to Facilitate Learning'.  I am
interested in contributions that discuss new learning tools, as well as
those that discuss the use of computers to facilitate learning
activities (where the computer is not necessarily providing content). 
This symposium is sponsored by the COMP division, and co-sponsored by
the CHED division and the CHED Committee on Computers in Chemical
Education (CCCE).  The abstract deadline for this symposium was November
18th, but I will be accepting abstracts at least until the end of the
day on Monday, November 23rd.  If you are using computers to help
students learn, please share your successes (and advice regarding
problems!) with your colleagues through this symposium.  Electronic
submission of abstracts is preferred (the abstract form is available on
the ACS website at www.acs.org).

Regards,
Abby
_____________________________________________

Abby L. Parrill                 (901)678-2638
Assistant Professor             (901)678-3447
Department of Chemistry
University of Memphis
Memphis, TN  38152       [email-masked] 

Computational Research on Materials Institute 
at The University of Memphis (CROMIUM)
_____________________________________________