Subject: CCL: Parallel Gaussian 98 on SP2

From: Hans Vansweevelt <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 1998 14:28:41 +0100 (NFT)

Dear,

does anyone has experience with Gaussian 98 on an SP2-machine ? I have
compiled a Linda version of the program according to the instructions.
When I try to run a parallel job, gaussian starts n copies of the
parallel routines, but all on the same node. In the output, there is 
indeed the line :

Will use up to    4 processors via shared memory.

Can someone tell me how I can make Gaussian run on n nodes, instead of
n times on 1 node ? 
The test-programs of the linda-distribution run without problem on the 
given number of nodes.

Many greetings,

Hans

Hans Vansweevelt                      
Labo for Quantumchemistry             [email-masked]
Celestijnenlaan 200F                  Tel. : (32) 16 327595
B-3001 Heverlee                       Fax. : (32) 16 327992
Belgium