Subject: I uploaded my software polar31p.zip to ftp.ccl.net/incoming

From: "Dr Huang" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Dec 1998 12:50:20 +1100

Polar 3.1 for Windows: electrochemical simulation and data analysis

  Dr Weiguang HUANG
124 Eastern Avenue, Kingsford, Sydney, NSW 2032, Australia
Phone: 61 2 96620516, 0413 008 019
mailto:[email-masked], [email-masked]
http://www.bigfoot.com/~polarography/
http://showing.home.ml.org

 It analytically and digitally simulates voltammograms and stripping
voltammograms with charge current, resistance and noise on about 20
mechanisms
at 8 electrode geometries (planar, spherical, semi-spherical, cylindrical,
semi-cylindrical, microdisc, thin film, and rotating electrodes) in 5
techniques
(linear sweep and CV, DC, normal pulse, differential pulse, and squre wave
voltammetries), and outputs current, resitance, conductivity and surface
concentration.

 Its data analysis include detecting peak area, current and
potential, semi-derivative, derivative, intergral, semi-intergral,
curve fitting, and separating overlapped peaks.

 It shows tip when the user put mouse cursor over a lable.
The progrom can separate overlapped voltammograms into individuals,
and extract real peak from voltammogram with noise and baseline.
It outputs the theoretical peak values, the peak current and potential, and
current-potential data, which can be imported into other program (e.g.
MS Excel). User can copy-and-paste the voltammogram into his document.

 It has been successfully applied to fit experimental
polarograms (voltammograms) of In(III), Cd(II), Pb(II), Tl(I), Cr(III).
Zn(II), and binuclear copper complex in aqueous and non-aqueous media
at mercury, solid metal and non-metal electrodes (specifically the
dropping mercury, hanging mercury drop, gold, platinum and glassy
carbon electrodes) by various electrochemical techniques (differential
pulse, sqware wave, and pseudo-derivative normal pulse polargraphies)
[1].

 It runs on IBM PC under Windows 95/98/NT, available from the
author or download from my Web site.

 REFERENCES
[1] W. Huang, T. Henderson, A.M. Bond and K.B. Oldham, Curve fitting
    to resolve overlapping voltammetric peaks: model and examples,
    Anal. Chim. Acta, 1995, 304, 1-15.