Subject: Announcing AutoNom 4.0

From: Yvonne Schickel <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 08 Dec 1998 10:11:23 +0100

PRESS RELEASE
(7th December, 1998)

Beilstein Informationssysteme GmbH
Yvonne Schickel (phone: +49-69-5050 4240; e-mail: [email-masked])

For Immediate Release

Beilstein Announces Enhancements to its Chemical Naming Software "AutoNom"

London, UK --- Beilstein Informationssysteme GmbH introduced today version
4.0 of AutoNom (TM) (Automatic Nomenclature). AutoNom, for Windows and
Macintosh operating systems, uses a proprietary algorithm based on IUPAC
nomenclature rules to generate IUPAC names automatically from chemical
structures.

The 4.0 version of AutoNom adds the following new functionality:
o	Chiral interpretation (R,S configurations) and double-bond topology (E,Z
descriptors)....
o	Support for CAS ring-system naming conventions....
o	Ability to number atom locants within named structures...

For complete information, please consult http://www.beilstein.com.

AutoNom is a registered trademark of Beilstein Institut fuer Literatur der
Organischen Chemie licensed to Beilstein Chemiedaten & Software GmbH and
Beilstein Informationssysteme GmbH. All rights reserved.