Subject: Postdoc position

From: Michael Schimeczek <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Dec 1998 23:01:56 -0500 (EST)

Dear CCLers,

the following is from a friend of mine who is looking for a postdoc.
Please forward this to whoever might be interested.

Thank you!

Michael

---------------------------------------------
Dr. Michael Schimeczek
Supercomputer Computations Research Institute
496 Dirac Science Library
Florida State University
Tallahassee, Florida 32306-4130, USA
phone: (850) 644-7060
fax:   (850) 644-0098
email: [email-masked]
---------------------------------------------

----- Forwarded message from Hagai Meirovitch <[email-masked]> -----

*************************************************************
*                                                           *
* POSTDOCTORAL POSITION IN COMPUTATIONAL STRUCTURAL BIOLOGY *
*                                                           *
*************************************************************

    A postdoctoral position in Computational Structural 
    Biology is available in the Supercomputer Computational 
    Research Institute (SCRI) at Florida State University, 
    Tallahassee, Florida. The candidate will take part in 
    developing a theoretical methodology for analyzing data 
    of flexible peptides and loops in proteins obtained by 
    multidimensional NMR and X-ray crystallography. 
    The project involves development of conformational search 
    techniques, methods for calculating the free energy, 
    and continuum solvation models. Monte Carlo and molecular 
    dynamics simulations will be heavily used. The new computational 
    tools will also be applied to problems in homology and 
    threading. Experience with the above topics is desirable, 
    and familiarity with software packages such as AMBER or 
    GROMOS is an advantage. 

    Please send resume by mail, e-mail or fax, and  
    two letters of recommendation to Dr. Hagai Meirovitch, SCRI, 
    Florida State University, Tallahassee, Fl 32306-4130. 

     Fax: 850-644-0098, E-mail: [email-masked]

----- End of forwarded message from Hagai Meirovitch -----