Subject: Chair of Physical Chemistry

From: Jonathan Connor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 1998 11:22:19 +0000 (GMT)

The University of Manchester,UK
Department of Chemistry
Chair of Physical Chemistry

Applications are invited for this professorial position, which is tenable
in the Chemistry Department from 1st October 1999 or earlier, from
candidates with outstanding research records in Physical Chemistry.
Applications from candidates with research interests in classical Physical
Chemistry will be welcomed, but so will applications from cognate areas of
other disciplines;  the remit of the Chair will be interpreted flexibly.  A
Lectureship in Physical Chemistry may be available to support this
appointment.

Informal enquiries may be made to Professor Colin Price, Head of Department
of Chemistry (tel: 0161 275 4706;  fax 0161 275 4273;  email
[email-masked]) or to Professor Gareth Morris (tel: 0161 275 4665;
fax 0161 275 4598;  email [email-masked]).

Application forms (returnable by 21 December 1998) and further particulars
are available from the Office of the Director of Personnel, The University
of Manchester, Manchester  M13 9PL;  tel: ++44 (0) 161 275 2028;  fax: ++44
(0) 161 275 2221;  email:  [email-masked];  web site
http://www.man.ac.uk.  Please quote the reference no. 828/98.  As an equal
opportunities employer, the University of Manchester welcomes applications
from suitably qualified people from all sections of the community
regardless of race, religion, gender or disability.

________________________________________________________________________________
Prof. G.A. Morris
[email-masked]
Dept. of Chemistry, University of Manchester,
Oxford Road, Manchester  M13 9PL, UK                            (0) 161 275
4665
________________________________________________________________________________

----- End of forwarded message from Gareth Morris -----

-- 
******************************************************************************
 Professor J.N.L. Connor,     Phone(direct line): 0161-275-4693 (national)
 Department of Chemistry,                     :+44-161-275-4693 (international)
 University of Manchester,
 Manchester M13 9PL,            Phone(secretary): 0161-275-4686 or 4600
 England.                                    Fax: 0161-275-4734 or 4598  
****************************************************************************** 

----- End of forwarded message from Jonathan Connor -----

-- 
******************************************************************************
 Professor J.N.L. Connor,     Phone(direct line): 0161-275-4693 (national)
 Department of Chemistry,                     :+44-161-275-4693 (international)
 University of Manchester,
 Manchester M13 9PL,            Phone(secretary): 0161-275-4686 or 4600
 England.                                    Fax: 0161-275-4734 or 4598  
******************************************************************************