Subject: Happy Holidays and all the best in 1999!!!

From: Jan Labanowski <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 1998 13:07:39 -0500 (EST)

Dear Friends [and Enemies (:-)}],

The holiday season has arrived. For many of us, it is time of joy but also
reflection. Some of us are more reassured at the end of this year,  and some
are more humble; some are at peace with themselves, and some are busily
searching. We already know that one cannot be happy without suffering first.
We also know that nothing lasts forever. The change is what makes it all
fascinating. In any way, life is a process (we, chemists know what process is,
don't we?, though let us not talk about equilibrium at this moment, and beside,
the true equilibrium is never reached, there is this quantum stuff and these
11 or so dimensions, which can leap us always to some new state, and let us
face it, we do not know anything, we are stupid...), and the greatest value
of this process is that each year brings new experience and makes us richer
as unique beings which cannot be cloned. Each year makes us closer to the
ideal of our creator (even if you refuse to personalize a creator, you have
to admit that nature in itself is quite amazing, and will keep us employed
for a long time to come...). We may never be sure why, but it is great to be
a part of this constant struggle of reason and feelings, and fail to control
our basic reflexes and know what others will do. [this is not a voice in
discussion for or against impeachement, though...]. It is fun to be infinitely
more unpredictable than cellular automata or neural networks and jump up and
down. Consider the alternative... This is really better. So use the time
to have some joy, forget about logic, be a party animal, and ask the questions
later... The Y2k bug is a year ahead, so you will be able to read your e-mail
when you come back from holiday break... Do not worry, be happy...

Happy Holidays and the best of everything now and later...

Jan Labanowski
The Creator of unpredictable CCL...
[email-masked]

------------------------------------------------------------------------------!
                      +                                                       !
                     XXX                                                      !
                    XXXXX                                                     !
                   XXXXXXX                                                    !
                  XXXXXXXXX                                                   !
                "BOAS FESTAS"                                                 !
                "JOYEUX  NOEL"            \ /                      *          !
               "VESELE VANOCE"           --O--                    XXX         !
              "MELE KALIKIMAKE"           / \                   "HOME"        !
             "NODLAG SONA DHUIT"                               "PEACE."       !
            "BLWYDDYN NEWYDD DDA"                            "BON NADAL."     !
                  "GOD  JUL"                               "BOLDOG UJ EVET"   !
                 "BUON  ANNO"        \ /                  "CHANUKAH SAMEACH"  !
   \ /          "FELIZ  NATAL"      --O--                     "DOSIEGO!"      !
  --O--       "FELIZ NAVIDAD"        / \                   "HAPPY HANUKKAH"   !
   / \       "KALA CHRISTOUGENA"                          "PARI  ARTSAGOURT"  !
            "VROLIJK  KERSTFEEST"                        "KELLEMES UNNEPEKET" !
           "FROEHLICHE WEIHNACHTEN"                    "NAYA VARSH SHUBH HO"  !
          "BUON  NATALE-GODT NYTAR"                   "ATHBHLIAIN FAOI MHAISE !
         "HUAN YING SHENG TAN CHIEH"                "IYI YILLAR-HYVAEAE LOMAA !
        "WESOLYCH SWIAT-SRETAN BOZIC"       \ /             "NA  ZDOROVE"     !
       "MOADIM LESIMHA-LINKSMU KALEDU"     --O--          "MERRY CHRISTMAS"   !
      "HAUSKAA JOULUA-AID SAID MOUBARK"     / \          "FELICHAN JARFINON"  !
           "'N  PRETTIG  KERSTMIS"                      "#-SHUB NAYA BARAS-@" !
          "ONNELLISTA UUTTA VUOTTA"      !            "INPAKARAMAANA VIDUMURAI!
         "Z ROZHDESTYOM  KHRYSTOVYM"    >+<          "STASTNY NOVY ROK-CHEERS!!
        "NADOLIG LLAWEN-GOTT NYTTSAR"    !          "CHING CHI SHEN TAN-@@@@@!!
      "CRACIUN FERICIT-GOJAN KRISTNASKON"                  ***  **!!          !
      "S  NOVYM  GODOM-FELIZ ANO NUEVO"          .-'-.  mmmmmm  !!!!          !
     "GLEDILEG JOL-NOELINIZ KUTLU OLSUM"      .-' .-. '-.!  !   xxxx          !
    "EEN GELUKKIG NIEUWJAAR-SRETAN BOSIC"  .-' .-'   '-. '-.!    .            !
   "KRIHSTLINDJA GEZUAR-KALA CHRISTOUGENA"  .-'         '-. '-.               !
  "SELAMAT HARI NATAL - LAHNINGU NAJU METU"'               '-. '-.            !
       "SARBATORI FERICITE-BUON  ANNO"   !   ___________     !-..!-           !
      "ZORIONEKO GABON-HRISTOS SE RODI"  !   !__o_!__!__!    !                !
     "BOLDOG KARACSONNY- VESELE  VANOCE" !   !_ooo!__@__!    !                !
    "MERRY CHRISTMAS**JOY**HAPPY NEW YEAR"   !ooooo__#__!    !      (\_/)-=)) !
   "ROOMSAID JOULU PUHI -KUNG HO SHENG TEN"     .            !     =('.')=//  !
  "FELICES PASUAS-EIN GLUCKICHES  NEUEJAHR*.-.-' -.._________!	   ( ~~~ )/   !
"PRIECIGUS ZIEMAN SVETKUS  SARBATORI VESLLE"            '-.-''-..  `w---w`    !
"BONNE ANNEE-BLWYDDYN NEWYDD DDA*FELIZ NATAL"                     '-....      !
SHENORAVOR SOORP TSENOONT,SHENORAVOR NOR DARI"
                     XXXXXX                                                   !
                     XXXXXX                                                   !
                     XXXXXX                                                   !

Jan K. Labanowski            |    phone: 614-292-9279,  FAX: 614-292-7168
Ohio Supercomputer Center    |    Internet: [email-masked] 
1224 Kinnear Rd,             |    http://www.ccl.net/chemistry.html
Columbus, OH 43212-1163      |