Subject: Re: CCL:computational chemistry of polymers

From: Fernando Luis Barroso da Silva <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 1998 11:27:56 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 07 Dec 1998, Dr. Daniel Glossman  wrote:

>  Dear netters:
> 
>  Can somebody point me to any book related to computational chemistry 
>  and/or molecular modeling of polymers?
> 
>  Also, in what journals are published the articles related to this subject?
> 
>  Thanks in advance
> 
> 
> 					Daniel Glossman
> 

  Dear Daniel,

  There is a book written by K. Binder. It is called "Monte Carlo and
  Molecular Dynamics Simulation in Polymer Science" (Oxford University
  Press, New York, 1995). The topic is also covered in some limited
  detail by other molecular modeling books and reviews. Binder has
  one relatively recent review about Monte Carlo. If I am not wrong, 
  few examples were related with polymers. The reference is K.Binder,
  Rep.Prog. Phys. 60, 487(1997). Yesterday, I saw a short review
  written by C.Holm and K.Kremer with emphasis in Molecular
  Dynamics. It was available at lanl server
  (http://xxx.lanl.gov). Its number is cond-mat/9812152. 

  I think several journals are publishing articles in this topic.
  For example, Macromolecules, Biopolymers, JCP, Mol.Phys., etc..

  Best regards,

    Fernando.

--

Fernando Luis Barroso da Silva
Physical Chemistry II - Chemical Center  
POB 124 - Lund University                  Fax: +46 (46) 2224543
S-221 00 Lund, Sweden                    Phone: +46 (46) 2228241 (lab)
E-mail: [email-masked]             +46 (46) 2220381 (office)
        [email-masked] 

         http://www.fkem2.lth.se/personnel/fernando/dasilva.html
         http://idefix.ffclrp.usp.br/barroso/fernando.html