Subject: Comp. in Chem.'99 Conf & Wrkshp "trends comp. meth. large mol.

From: "ANDRZEJ SOKALSKI" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 27 Dec 1998 11:42:15 MET1MEST

FIRST ANNOUNCEMENT
                         ***************************

                        5-th International Conference

                         COMPUTERS IN CHEMISTRY '99

                    including Polish-American workshop on
       NEW TRENDS IN COMPUTATIONAL METHODS FOR LARGE MOLECULAR SYSTEMS

                                organized by:

                  Wroclaw University of Technology, Poland

                        University of Wroclaw, Poland

    National Institute of Standards and Technology, Gaithersburg, MD, USA

      Center for Advanced Research in Biotechnology, Rockville, MD, USA

                               July 1-6, 1999
                          Szklarska Porrba, Poland.

                                   GENERAL

The 5-th International Conference COMPUTERS IN CHEMISTRY '99
is a continuation of the cyclic meetings which started in 1986 at Wroclaw
University of Technology through an initiative of Professor Adam Bartecki.
The purpose of the Conference is to bring together scientists using
computers in experimental and theoretical research in a variety of
disciplines related to chemistry and to provide a forum for for presentation
of recent advances in computational methods, hardware and software
developments and teaching methodology.

                               Advisory Board

                    A. Bartecki      -- Honorary
                                     President
                    H. Chojnacki
                    J. Konarski
                    M. Krauss
                    J.S. Kwiatkowski
                    Z. Latajka

                     Organizing and Programme Committee

                    W. Wojciechowski     -- Chairman
                    J.P. Hawranek
                    W.A. Sokalski
                    D. Michalska         -- Secretary
The Workshop: "  NEW TRENDS IN COMPUTATIONAL METHODS FOR LARGE MOLECULAR
                 SYSTEMS"

is supported by Polish-American M. Sklodowska-Curie Foundation. It is
organized in collaboration with National Institute of Standards and
Technology and Center for Advanced Research in Biotechnology in
Gaithersburg, MD, USA.

Workshop leaders: M. Krauss and W.A. Sokalski

PRELIMINARY LIST OF CONFIRMED SPEAKERS

 J. Cioslowski     Florida State University, Tallahassee,
                   USA

 C. Ghio           ICQEM-CNR, Pisa, Italy

 M. Head-Gordon    University of California, Berkeley, USA

 J. Holbrook       Bristol University, UK

 S. Kafafi         University of Maryland, College Park,
                   USA

 M. Krauss         NIST, CARB, Gaithersburg, USA

 B. Lesyng         Warsaw University, Poland

 J. Leszczy''ski    Jackson State University, USA

 K. Morokuma       Emory University, Atlanta, USA

 A. Mulholland     Bristol University, UK

 R. Nalewajski     Jagiellonian University, Cracow, Poland

 G. Naray-Szab~    Eotvos University, Budapest, Hungary

 R. Osman          City University of New York, USA

 L. Piela          Warsaw University, Poland

 U. Rothlisberger  ETH, Zurich, Switzerland

 J. Rychlewski     Poznan University, Poland

Full list of speakers will be given in the second announcement (March 1999)

Important deadlines:

 preliminary registration                                January 30, 1999
 payment of early registration fee (US $ 350)            February 15, 1999
 abstract and final registration                         May 1, 1999
 payment of regular registration fee (US $ 450)          May 1, 1999
 full text manuscript                                    July 1, 1999

SCOPE OF THE CONFERENCE:

   * CHEMOMETRICS
     analytical chemistry, spectroscopy
   * COMPUTER AIDED RESEARCH
     molecular design, dynamics, recognition, protein engineering, structure
     elucidation, synthesis design, etc.
   * EXPERT SYSTEMS AND DATABASES
   * COMPUTERS IN CHEMICAL EDUCATION
   * OTHER APPLICATIONS OF COMPUTERS IN CHEMISTRY

SCOPE & TOPICS OF THE WORKSHOP:
recent rapid developments in computational chemistry breaking existing
barriers in modelling properities of large molecular systems of practical
interest in material sciences and biotechnology.
Planned lecture include: linear scaling algorithms, Car-Parinello quantum
dynamics, QM/MM and DFT methods, effective representation of molecular
fragments, protein folding and engineering, modelling enzyme reactions,
advances in parallel and distributed processing as well as the use of WWW in
teaching computational chemistry, etc.

PROGRAMME
The CC '99 and Workshop will consist of plenary lectures as well as oral and
poster contributions. Poster sessions aill be preceded (optionally) by short
oral presentation. The official conference language will be English.
The conference will follow the 8-th International Conference on Electrical
and Related Properities of Organic Solids (photo-induced phenomena,
non-linear optics, nano-technologies, etc.), which will be held in June
26-30 in the same location.
contact: e-mail: [email-masked] or
http://www.pwr.wroc.pl/POLITECHNIKA/erpos.html

CONFERENCE PROCEEDINGS
Abstracts of all presentations, received until May 1, 1999 will be published
and delivered to each participant at the Registration Desk.
Orginal full text contributions can be submitted in triplicate before July
1, 1999 or upon the arrival in Szklarska Porrba and will be published in the
special issue of the international journal COMPUTERS & CHEMISTRY edited by
Pergamon-Elsevier. All papers will follow the reular refereeing and
editorial procedures.
Proceedings from previous meetings have already appeared as vol 19(3) 1995,
and 22(1) 1998.

LOCATION
The conference will be held in Szklarska Porrba Zrednia mountain resort in
southwestern Poland (150 km from Wroclaw near the border with Czech
Republic).
Bus transportation from and to Wroc|aw will be available and details will be
given in the second announcement. Wroc|aw has direct air connection with
Warsaw, Frankfurt/Main, Copenhagen and Vienna as well as train and bus
connections with major European cities. Participants and their accompanying
persons will be entitled to discount prices by LOT Polish Airlines from June
16 till July 16, 1999.
Accommodation will be provided in Granit Hotel (terrace-double rooms with
bathrooms). The meetings will take place in an amphitheatrical lecture-hall
with 140 chair. The Hotel is also euipped with many facilities such as a
swimming pool, fitness club, sauna, tennis courts and bowling room.

                            REGISTRATION AND FEES

For preliminary registration use the enclosed registration form and mail it
before January 30, 1999.
Standard fee including registration, lodging, full board and social events
amounts to US $ 450 and must be paid until May 1, 1999.
Early registration fee is US $ 350 and can be paid until February 15, 1999.

Payment by check or money order issued to:
"CC '99 and WORKSHOP"
and transferred to:

     BANK ZACHODNI S.A. II O/Wroclaw

     account No: 11201665-3418-131-3000-412791/I-30/W-3

IMPORTANT!
Due to space limitations in Granit Hotel the number of partcipants is
limited and cannot exceed 120.
Reduced registration fee for students may be offered at later time, provided
that additional funds and space will be available.

Mailing address:

Computers in Chemistry '99
prof. D. Michalska
Institute of Inorganic Chem.
Wroclaw Univesity of Technology
Wyb. Wyspia''skiego 27, 50-370 WROCuAW, POLAND

FAX (+48-71)328-43-30, tel. (+48-71)320-37-59

e-mail: [email-masked]
http://ciamajda.ch.pwr.wroc.pl/cc99.html

Workshop correspondence:
prof. W. Andrzej Sokalski
Molecular Modelling Laboratory
Institute of Physical and Theoretical Chemistry
Wroclaw University of Technology
Wyb. Wyspia''skiego 27, 50-370 WROCuAW, POLAND

FAX (+48-71)320-33-63, tel. (+48-71)320-24-57

e-mail: [email-masked]

                            PRE-REGISTRATION FORM

              *  please  fill in and send to
            [email-masked] or [email-masked]

Computers in Chemistry '99 - pre-registration form
Please fill in and send to [email-masked]
or [email-masked] as PLAIN ASCII TEXT.
Please don't use internal format of any word processing program
(like Word, Word Perfect or Ami Pro).

First name..............................................................
Last Name ..............................................................
Title...................................................................
Institution.............................................................
Mailing address.........................................................
 ........................................................................
Phone..................................FAX..............................
E-mail:.................................................................
Mr [ ] Mrs [ ]
[ ] I wish to receive the Second Circular (March 1999)
[ ] I wish to contribute presentation (oral/poster)
Due to time limitations, Organizing Committee reserves the
right to change the oral presentation into the poster
I wish to present software
Name of the hardware platform/operating system..........................
[ ] I plan to submit a manuscript for publication in
[ ] Number of accompanying persons
[ ] Undergraduate/graduate student
Tentative Title of the Presentation:
 ........................................................................
 ........................................................................