Subject: Algorithms for variable orthogonalization and PLS

From: Dominique Gorse <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Jan 1999 17:01:21 +0100

Dear CCLers,

I am working on variable orthogonalization to be used in QSAR Analysis.
I found at http://lib.stat.cmu.edu/apstat/ the Gram-Schmidt
orthogonalization algorithm. I would like to know more about this
technique but I can't find the paper "Applied Statistics (J. R. Statist.
Soc. C) 1971 vol20, N3". Can someone provide me with some information?

I am also looking for a detailed algorithm of Partial Least Squares. Of
course a source code will be welcome!

Best Regards

****************************************************************
Dominique Gorse                                          Synt:em
                                       Parc Scientifique G.Besse
Computational Drug Discovery                         30000 Nimes
email: [email-masked]                             France
Tel: +33 (0)4 66 04 86 65              Fax: +33 (0)4 66 04 86 67
****************************************************************
          Discover New Drugs, Discover Synt:em
                 http://www.syntem.com
****************************************************************