Subject: Call For Papers

From: Dan Tedder <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 1999 10:40:45 -0500

To: [email-masked]

Call for Abstracts
Emerging Technologies in Hazardous Waste Management 
Sponsored by the I&EC Division 
ACS 218th National Meeting
August 22-26, 1999, New Orleans, Louisiana

Papers and presentations are invited that describe emerging technologies
for treating gaseous, liquid or solid hazardous wastes. Contributors may
focus on aspects ranging from fundamental research to demonstration
programs for new technologies. Emerging technologies which may be applied
to a variety of waste streams are particularly encouraged. Specific
applications may include waste treatment for steel and metal manufacturing,
oil refining, coal processing, textile, paint and dye production,  chemical
and pharmaceuticals manufacturing, and nuclear reactor and reprocessing
operations.  Technologies for water purification or the treatment of
leachates from hazardous landfills or contaminated soils are also
appropriate. Emerging technologies for other wastes and review  articles
will be considered. An independent peer review of  all full manuscripts
will be coordinated by the symposium  coordinators and editorial review
board  to meet ACS standards.  One or more books will be published from the
full manuscripts after editing and review.

SEND  SHORT ABSTRACTS  BY MARCH 15, 1999 TO: 

Dr. Dan W. Tedder 
I &EC Symposium Chair
School of Chemical Engineering
Georgia Institute of Technology
Atlanta, GA 30332-0100

Camera-ready abstracts (one paragraph, 150 words or less)  should be
submitted on the standard ACS abstract form or plain white paper. For more
information about abstract preparation go to
http://www.acs.org/meetings/abstract/abinfo.html. For more information
about the location of the symposium go to:
http://www.acs.org/meetings/future/newnewo.htm. For more information about
the I&EC Division, go to: http://membership.acs.org/i/iec/.  Contributors
will be notified of acceptance by May 23, 1999. E-mail  the organizers:
[email-masked].
Dan Tedder
School of Chemical Engineering
Georgia Institute of Technology
778 Atlantic Drive
Atlanta, GA 30332-0100 USA

E-Mail: [email-masked]
Fax:    404-894-2866
Phone: 404-894-2856