Subject: optical activity prediction

From: TOPPER ROBERT <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 1999 12:11:49 -0500 (EST)

Hello all,

An organic chemists with whom I collaborate has asked me
whether it is possible to predict the optical activity
of a mixture of enantiomers, even semiquantitatively.
(i.e., is the optical activity "big" or "small" for
a given enantiomeric excess, or e.e.).

My own search of the Internet has failed to turn up anything.
Can anyone give us any suggestions? 

Thanks very much!

best,
rqt

*****************************************************************************
Prof. Robert Q. Topper                  email:   [email-masked]
Department of Chemistry                 phone:   (212) 353-4378
The Cooper Union                        fax:     (212) 353-4341
51 Astor Place                          subway:  take the 6 to Astor Place 
New York, NY 10003                               and you're there!
                 http://www.cooper.edu/engineering/chemechem/
*****************************************************************************
The Cooper Union for the Advancement of Science and Art is a tuition-free
college in Greenwich Village, at Cooper Square and Astor Place.
*****************************************************************************