Subject: Xtal / EM docking with Situs

From: Willy Wriggers <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 01 Feb 1999 14:59:09 -0800

Dear all:

I hereby announce the official release of Situs, a program package for
the docking of protein crystal structures to single-molecule,
low-resolution maps from electron microscopy.

The program package has been developed to provide a robust and
quantitative method for the localization of biomolecular subunits in
low-resolution data. The package makes use of single-molecule density
maps that can be obtained by subtraction of maps from specimens of
variable subunit composition. The central algorithm is a
topology-representing neural network to correlate features 
within the structural data sets.

Version 1.0 is available at http://chemcca10.ucsd.edu/~situs/

  Willy Wriggers, Ph.D. 

- http://chemcca10.ucsd.edu/~wriggers -- [email-masked]
- Dept. of Chemistry and Biochemistry 0365,
  University of California, San Diego -- La Jolla, CA 92093.
  (619)534-2913 (tel), (619)534-7042 (fax).
- Dept. of Cell Biology MB25,
  The Scripps Research Institute -- La Jolla, CA 92037.
  (619)784-2701 (tel), (619)784-2749 (fax).