Subject: CALL FOR PAPERS

From: "Michael Sennett" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Feb 1999 10:38:59 EST

American Chemical Society
			Division of Polymeric Materials: Science and Engineering

								Call for Papers

			Adhesion: Chemistry, Process and Mechanics

							New Orleans, Louisiana
								August 1999

 The American Chemical Society Division of Polymeric Materials: Science and
Engineering is sponsoring a symposium on chemistry, mechanics, and process
engineering aspects of adhesion, adhesive bonding, paint adhesion, and related
subjects. The symposium will be held in conjunction with the National meeting
of the American Chemical Society in New Orleans, Louisiana, August 22-26, 1999.

Original research papers are solicited in the following areas: 

Fundamentals of Surface and Interface Chemistry 

Modeling and Simulation of Interfaces and Adhesion

Surface Chemistry, Cure Chemistry and Adhesion

Process Effects on Chemistry and Adhesion

Surface Chemistry and Mechanics of Durability

Mechanics and Fracture Mechanics of Adhesion

Two copies of 150-word abstract (original on ACS abstract form) and three
copies of PMSE preprint (original on PMSE preprint paper) are due to the
symposium chairs by APRIL 1, 1999. Detailed instructions for authors can be
obtained from the Symposium Chairs or from the PMSE website at:
http://www.umd.umich.edu/~rpotts/acs/; the website can also accessed from the
ACS website, http://www.acs.org.

Symposium Chairs

 Dr. Ray A. Dickie
Ford Research Laboratory
P. O. Box 2053, MD3083SRL
Dearborn, MI 48121-2053, USA

(313)337-4059
(313)621-0646 (fax)
[email-masked]

Prof. A. J. Kinloch
Department of Mechanical Engineering
Imperial College
Exhibition Road
London SW7 2BX, UK

0171 594 7082
0171 823 8845 (fax)
[email-masked]