Subject: Polarography Software available in CCL archives

From: "Dr Huang" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Feb 1999 10:44:22 +1100

Polar 3.2 for Windows: Electrochemical simulation and data analysis

  W.S. Ping Company
124 Eastern Avenue, Kingsford, Sydney, NSW 2032, Australia
Phone: 61 2 96620516, 0413 008 019
mailto:[email-masked], [email-masked]
http://www.bigfoot.com/~polarography/
http://www.bigfoot.com/~showing/
ftp://www.ccl.net/pub/chemistry/software/MS-WIN95-NT/Polarograms

 It analytically and digitally simulates voltammograms (polarograms)
on about 20 mechanisms at 8 electrode geometries (planar, spherical, semi-
spherical, cylindrical, semi-cylindrical, microdisc, thin film, and rotating
electrodes) in over 5 techniques (linear sweep and CV, DC, normal pulse,
differential pulse, and square wave voltammetries), and outputs current,
resitance, conductivity and surface concentration. It also simulates effects
of charge current, resistance, noise, electrolyte, stripping time, stripping
potential, etc.

 It analyses any x-y data for detecting peak location, peak value,
semi-derivative, derivative, intergral, semi-intergral, curve fitting,
and separating overlapped peaks.

 It shows a tip when the user put mouse cursor over a lable. It can
separate overlapped voltammograms into individuals, and extract real peaks
from voltammogram with noise and baseline. Users can compare by the
theoretical peak values, analytically and digitally simulation, and choose
to extract which kinetic pararmeters. Its data can be imported into other
program (e.g. MS Excel).

 It has been successfully applied to fit experimental
polarograms (voltammograms) of In(III), Cd(II), Pb(II), Tl(I), Cr(III).
Zn(II), and binuclear copper complex in aqueous and non-aqueous media
at mercury, solid metal and non-metal electrodes (specifically the
dropping mercury, hanging mercury drop, gold, platinum and glassy
carbon electrodes) by various electrochemical techniques (differential
pulse, sqware wave, and pseudo-derivative normal pulse polargraphies) [1].

 Its 32-bit version Polar32 runs on IBM PC under Windows 3.11/95/98/NT
while its 16-bit version Polar32b runs under Windows 3/3.1/3.11/95/98/NT.
They are available from the author or download from my Web site.

 REFERENCES
[1] W. Huang, T. Henderson, A.M. Bond and K.B. Oldham, Curve fitting
    to resolve overlapping voltammetric peaks: model and examples,
    Anal. Chim. Acta, 1995, 304, 1-15.